This discussion is locked

www.adobe.com/go/edu-validate is down

Dec 25, 2011 10:27 AM

Tags: ##education_validation_down ##education_unresolved
  Latest reply: Jeff A Wright, Oct 4, 2012 3:40 PM
Replies 1 2 3 4 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 24, 2012 5:14 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

I click on the red "submit proof of eligibility" and after a quick "scheduled maintenance" message i get bounced back.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2012 8:40 PM   in reply to FaX82

Yeah. The link is broken. I've tried numerous times as well.

|
    Mark as:
    Calculating status...
    Feb 24, 2012 9:35 PM   in reply to MeowKittens

This has been something else. Apparently even if you upload your documents it doesn't mean identit-e is receiving them. I was able to do the online chat, I just kept checking and finally it said there were reps available, she gave approval based on my email address she did not see any docs, this was around 4cst. I was told to give it an hour and I would receive the serial numbers from adobe, meanwhile the call back from adobe came in and the man I spoke to said the serial numbers come from identit-e. I really didn't believe that but wasn't going to argue with him and question why I recieved an email from adobe to contact their customer service if I did not have the info w/in 4 days, he said it was to note the account...that makes a lot of sense. I checked my account about 7cst, it still said pending, clicked on status and it gave an error page, went back to order and the serial numbers were there. I received and email from..guess who...adobe with the serial numbers.

If you received the emails about the order, my suggestion would be to keep checking the identit-e website and catch someone on chat or have a lot of patience.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2012 10:06 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Hello Jeff and Everyone else with this problem.  It is now  11:36pm CST 02-24-12.

It is all broke.  From Adobe -- My Orders-----get the flash that site is down for maintance then blown out back to Adobe login.

I've tried Firefox 3.6, and 10.x, as well as IE9.  I cleared all cache and cookies every session.  I've turned off firewalls, anti-virus, etc.. I've prayed and begged.

Earlier today I could get to some page on identit-e that had a button to do a chat, it said chat was ready but as soon as I typed in my name and email address chat was no longer working.

I emailed identit-e two days ago and still no reply.

I could get to this site at this time:

https://www.identit-e.com/default/index/adobe

But I don't have a Product code which is required as the first item to enter, I ordered the box of CS 5.5

I sent 3 twitter messages thoughout the day but still no reply from @Adobe_Care.

I guess come Monday I will try to climb the ladder at Adobe to find someone that has the power to fix this problem.  I've spent three days trying to get verified.  From following tweets on twitter most of the afternoon waiting for someone at @Adobe_Care to answer I'm afraid I'm going to be denied the purchase because I didn't get verified in a timely manner.  And on twitter there were many of us having this problem, so I don't understand how Adobe can let this problem get so large and then take so long to solve the problem.

Jeff thank you. And daquanabe thank you for helping me try to learn twitter today.  I hope everyone has a great weekend. Wishing you all good luck here.

|
    Mark as:
    Calculating status...
    Feb 25, 2012 4:33 AM   in reply to WesMc1955

I am in the same situation as you - it is completely impossible to do the verification.

What I am seeing:

On the My Adobe --> My orders screen... When I click: Eligibility required: Submit proof

The message below rapidly flashes at the top of the screen, and then disappears:

AdobeErrorMessage.jpg

(For the record, it was nearly impossible to get this screen grab since this message flashes and disappears so quickly.)

Immediately after that red message flashes and disappears, I am automatically logged out of the Adobe site, and returned to the login screen.

The identit-e.com site never actually attempts to load anymore.

This exact problem has been consistent for about two days now.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2012 7:09 AM   in reply to hobhobgoblin

Last night I finally got my key and download info, 7 hrs after I had been approved by identit-e. It was a very painful process that I hope Adobe takes into consideration given just the issues put forth on this page. Good luck to everyone who's still going through the process.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2012 7:38 AM   in reply to daquanabe

That's nothing, it's been almost 24 hours since identit-e approved me and I've still heard nothing from Adobe, either over email or from the 2 Twitter posts I sent them. 

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2012 7:58 AM   in reply to hobhobgoblin

ArgyleMonkey, I became intolerantly persistent in my tweets.  This may be a complete coincidence but a similar thing happened for me as panhandle mom...  I went to check My Orders on the adobe.com website and although it said that verification was pending, I kept Checking Status and something wonderful happened... I got a different screen with my product key.  I got my email from Adobe about 15 minutes later.  So, keep checking your status and perhaps it will trigger something.  Who knows...  best of luck!

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2012 8:10 AM   in reply to daquanabe

It's a Christmas miracle!  I just started clicking the "check status" button like you said, it blinked to a completely different page, I went back to my orders & it had changed & was showing the serial number.  Crazy, but all's well that...ends. 

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2012 9:06 AM   in reply to hobhobgoblin

So it seems that the system is still not working this morning. Shows a red error message, logs you out. I have confirmed this on IE9 and Safari. It also appears that if you purchased through adobe.com you do not get a product code and you cannot submit the verification form to identit-e.com itself.

Anyone else get any break throughs with this. I assume that twitter has had minimal impact on assisting here.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2012 9:39 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

This is getting grotesque. Sent my docs to identit-e directly through e-mail but haven't got an answer. Adobe page still doesn't work. Bought the product through Adobe, so I don't have a serial number. Me and everyone in my situation is pretty much stuck, so let's just hope the good folks at Adobe will get in touch with their partner company soon.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2012 10:37 AM   in reply to hobhobgoblin

Thank you, LINewYorkLI, for posting the screenshot. That is also what I am going through. I've tried on different computers, different browsers (IE, Firefox, Chrome). Please help, Jeff!

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2012 1:38 PM   in reply to roarchik

Hello all.  Well as of 3:14pm CST Feb. 25, 2012 it is still all broke.

But I think that it is not just a problem with identit-e I think Adobe has a broken link on their webpage.

When you login and go to "My Orders"  and you click on the "Submit Proof" hyperlink, that is broken.  And I bet it is on Adobe's site.  I'm not a programmer but I've been around long enough.  I think identit-e changed either a server, or a DNS link, something to that effect and Adobe's script files are pointing at the wrong location.   Now www.identit-e.com does have problems that's for sure.  But I'm just trying to waste time and think.  OUCH!!!!  Thinking is bad.

And LINewYorkLI sorry you had to go through all that trouble to get a screen capture of the error message we get when you click on Submit Proof"  But that is just a standard message used on Adobe's website. 

So does anyone have Adobe's CIO's Gerri Martin-Flickinger  (If she is still the CIO)  email address or phone number?  I would really like to talk to that person.  The Chief Information Officer should have heard about this problem three days ago. And fixed the problem.  Just my humble opionion.  I don't won't to make anyone look bad, but just do your job.  I've wasted four days trying to accomplish a three minute task.  My nerves are shot.  I may need to see a theripist over this.  I joke.

So I wouldn't waste anymore time trying to click on "Submit Proof" from your My Order's page.  It is broken. Maybe Monday all will get repaired.  I hope.

Thanks everyone for your input here and showing me I was not alone in this situation.  Have a great weekend.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2012 1:45 PM   in reply to ArgyleMonkey

Well Merry Christmas then, ArgyleMonkey!

Sent from my iPhone

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2012 3:23 PM   in reply to daquanabe

So to clarify if you go to https://www.identit-e.com/default/index/adobe are you able to submit your proof eligibility?  This should be used for anyone who purchased the education version and have a product code.

For those who have a coupon code you would want to visit https://www.studentteacherlicensing.com/.

Also those who purchased an order online in North America once you submit your proof of elgibility through Adobe.com it will still need to be verified through Identit-e.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2012 3:43 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

I don't have a product code or a coupon code. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2012 3:44 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

I don't have a product code. I only have an order number. I purchased the

download version and was not able to submit the eligibility information at

time of purchase because I did not have all the information.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2012 3:47 PM   in reply to roarchik

If you don't have a product code or coupon code, and are in North America and bought from Adobe directly, then you will be submitting your eligibility through the My Orders page.  http://www.adobe.com/go/my_orders_en_us

This information is still sent over to Identit-e to validate.  I am trying to determine though where people are running into problems at the moment.  You can find more details regarding the process in the Education FAQ document.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2012 3:50 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

The eligibility subsmission @ My Orders page doesn't work. That's the whole point.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2012 3:51 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

That is where we're running into problems. We go to the orders page, click

on the "Submit Proof" link and the screen (see post #84) appears. Then,

we're logged out automatically.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2012 3:52 PM   in reply to hobhobgoblin

So is that the only issue at this point?  If you have a coupon code or product code you are not running into any difficulties?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2012 4:03 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

I have tried for 3 days straight to get this done.  I have submitted documents via email to both Adobe and Identit-e.  I have gotten nothing as far as a reply from either.  The link under the order page does not work.  I have talked to numerous Adobe reps, all telling me they found the problem, but don't know when it will be fixed.  Other than that they say there is nothing they can do.  I am thoroughly disgusted with this whole process and Adobe in general.  I cannot use my trial period anymore either.  Unfortunately, I do not have a product code (I ordered online through Adobe), so I am uable to even attempt to see if the other method through Identit-e works.  Jeff, do you have any updates on when this is expected to be resolved?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2012 4:06 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Yes, as far as I can tell that is the only issue currently. Ordering from Adobe.com does not provide you with a product code that I know of. The verify link in my orders would timeout the night I bought it and from the next day on it would display the "scheduled maintenance" message and log me out immediately. It currently does this on chrome safari and firefox.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2012 4:11 PM   in reply to wwsong13

Wwsong13 from your description it appears you did submit your proof of eligibility through the order page and you are waiting for it to be approved?  Or were you unable to submit your proof of eligibility?

If you purchased the Student & Teacher edition of the software from Adobe.com, and chose the download option, you will not receive a product or coupon code.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2012 4:13 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Sorry my apologies Newell3k appears to have been able to submit his proof of eligibility through the order page not Wwsong13?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2012 4:33 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

That is correct, I was never able to properly submit my documents through the link in my orders. As of now, I have not submitted any documents except in a customer service case which I later withdrew when I learned I had to go through the link in my orders. I did not choose the download option however and I opted for it to be mailed to me, does that have any effect on the existence of a product code?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2012 4:30 PM   in reply to hobhobgoblin

It took a few tries, but I was able to get my Identit-e form to submit on Thursday. My order now says Eligibility pending: Check status.

The Identit-e status page says to allow up to 2 business days. So I guess I should wait until Monday afternoon/night before I start wondering whether they actually got it or if it went into /dev/null. Or do they normally verify much faster?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2012 4:56 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

No I have not been able to submit anything through the order page.  I opened a case in the regular customer support section of the Adobe website and attempted to submit the needed documents that way.  The submit proof under the order status page seems to be the only way it is possible for me to get this solved (according to Adobe); however, it does not work.  You would think a tech company could solve its own tech problems.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2012 6:47 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Hello Jeff,

I don't think that you understand the issue.

On the my orders page is a submit proof link. When you click that it throws an error, and we are forced to login again.

We need to get someone from adobe to look at the page and see that the submit proof link is broken.

Cheers

ST

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2012 6:50 PM   in reply to SomeoneTyping

Jeff,

Can we get someone at adobe to process our orders of we email them our school Id's?

We need to get this completed before our orders cancel out.

Cheers

ST

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2012 7:12 PM   in reply to SomeoneTyping

The issue is when people click "submit proof" from the order page.  They get a quick error message at the top of the order page  " Were Sorry, the site you have requested is not available due to scheduled maintenance, Please Try Again Later".  The error forces a log out and returns the user to the sign in page.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2012 8:35 PM   in reply to GibAholic

Hello Jeff, Any update on this?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2012 5:59 AM   in reply to SomeoneTyping

Anyone able to get the Submit Proof option to work?

I dont seem to be getting the error message anymore, but nothing loads when I select the link. Tested in IE9 and Safari.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2012 6:03 AM   in reply to LINewYorkLI

As of SUNDAY 02/26/2012 7:30am EST (4:30am PST) it is still impossible to validate.  Could there be that much traffic at this early hour on a Sunday?

I have to admit it is rather shocking to see this much trouble on the web site of a company that develops web software.  I really would like to be able to finish the purchase and be done with this.

For the record, I purchased the software via the Adobe.com website itself. I am trying to validate as I was instructed to do so, by going to the "My orders" page.

What I am seeing today on SUNDAY 7:30am EST (4:30am PST):

On the My Adobe --> My orders screen... --> Eligibility required: Submit proof

The web page hangs for a few minutes after you click Submit proof.

Eventually, the message below rapidly flashes at the top of the screen, and then disappears:

AdobeErrorMessage.jpg

Immediately after that red message flashes and disappears, I am automatically logged out of the Adobe site, and returned to the login screen.

The identit-e.com site might be trying to load while the web page hangs but never does.  There is no way to tell since there is no indication on the screen as to what is going on.  Then, the red message seems to appear once the web page finally times-out, and the user is logged out.

When will this be fixed?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2012 7:13 AM   in reply to LINewYorkLI

Hello all........

It is 9:08 CST Feb. 26,2012

Jeff this link is broken.  It will not connect to anything.  Unlike the last few days when it blew away instantly.  Today it hangs, trying to connect but it will not.  I've had the little "Rotating Circle" like it's trying to connect for 10 minutes now. Thanks.

Adobe_Broken_Link.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2012 7:51 AM   in reply to WesMc1955

I too have been unable to submit my information using the submit proof button since purchasing directly from Adobe on 2/22.  I opened up a support case directly with Adobe (2/22) where it says my documents have been received and are being verified but I have not heard anything further.  When I click on the "submit proof" button as indicated by WesMc1955, I too get a broken link with just a rotating circle when I hover my mouse over the location in either Chrome 17.0.963.56 or Firefox 10.0.2.

Jeff, please offer guidance on the next steps individuals should take to resolve this problem.  Is there a number we should call?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2012 11:14 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Hi Jeff, just an update. Like everyone else has been posting, I no longer get logged out immediately when clicking the "submit proof" link, I now get a spinning processing circle in the "education eligibility" box when hovering over the "submit proof" link and nothing happens after that. I let it attempt to load on chrome, firefox and safari overnight (it started doing this at about 1:00 AM central), but it never processed further. Thanks for taking the time to look into this issue, I'm sure you must be swamped with customer requests recently.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2012 11:23 AM   in reply to wwsong13

A help ticket has been submitted investigating the linkage between Adobe.com and Identit-e.  My apologies for the continued inconvenience.  I will continue to post updates as I receive them.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2012 11:51 AM   in reply to wwsong13

i have been waiting since wednesday for this matter to be resolved - please find out what is wrong with the link

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2012 1:53 PM   in reply to hobhobgoblin

Hi everybody, I just joined the club of the "unable to submit proof". I actually received two emails from support_noreply@adobe.com saying that they received my proof of eligibility. However, the first one was followed by a message saying to re-submit the proof through the "my orders" page.

I have been trying to do that since Feb. 22, I already called Adobe, and I still cannot submit the proof (first I got the "maintenance" and now the "ethernal spinning wheel").

This is ridiculous, I just finished reading this whole thread and it really seems impossible that Adobe cannot solve this. It doesn't matter that Identit-e is the actual provider, it's been three months and this still happens.

Now, in my order it says that I have 14 days to provide proof or my order will be canceled. I sincerely hope that these days where the website didn't work will not be counted in the 14 days, because that would be unacceptable.

However, I feel less lonely now that I found this post.

|
    Mark as:
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (2)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points