Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Smooth render/new to after effects plz help

Feb 26, 2012 2:17 PM

Hey everyone,

Hope you guys can help me out. Im so fed up with my situation.

I have older 720 x 576 video avi clips that I wanna use.

I use the same source fps to render it, same size(best settings) and after it's rendered, the video doesn't look that smooth. It looks like its slower almost. If I watch original movie it's do much smoother and faster looking in a way.

Can somebody tell me the exact settings I must have to render it as smooth as possible.

720 x 576 25fps avi

Thanx guys:)

Werner

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 26, 2012 2:30 PM   in reply to wernerdrums

sounds like the frames per second.

you can alter fps in your project settings. / in composition setting and Render settings.

just make sure you know what fps the old project was in.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2012 3:32 PM   in reply to wernerdrums

You are probably rendering with the default uncompressed settings. Check the help files on output and rendering. Uncompressed or lossless files won't playback in real time on most systems.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2012 6:02 PM   in reply to wernerdrums

You need to read up on compression and CoDecs plus you might still wanna double-check footage interpretation vs. comp framerate vs. render settings vs. output module settings. Even if you get some of that right, there may be a problem elsewhere. Some CoDecs will always enforce specific frame rates to comply with certain specs...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 27, 2012 8:10 AM   in reply to wernerdrums

Your footage is PAL.  Don't render in DV NTSC.  Render in DV PAL.

And you should also know that DV is a lossy Codec.  If you'll continue to do work on this in another application, you may want to use a lossless codec.

|
    Mark as:
  • marian.ene
    85 posts
    Feb 7, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 27, 2012 8:31 AM   in reply to wernerdrums

your best bet is render as uncompressed AVI or QuickTime, then convert the file to mp4 with Adobe Media Encoder.

Also, for best results you need to keep your settings consistent throughout the entire flow (have the same FPS, frame size, field order for: footage interpretation, composition settings, output module and final conversion from Media Encoder).

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 27, 2012 1:22 PM   in reply to wernerdrums

I'm not really sure what you mean by "smooth", but this could be an explanation.

I don't ever use the feature, but I'm pretty sure there's a preset for rendering to youtube in the latest version of AE, and I can't check because I'm about fives miles away from my AE machine at the moment.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points