I've tried using XSLT but when I put in the source eg:
then I get errors :
An exception occurred! Type NetAccessorException. Could not connect to socket for URL http: etc
Fatal error encountered during schema scan (2,209)
However if I change the URL to:
then it works but appears to have less options.
Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
When I go to http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=34.26300&lon=-118.75130&F cstType=dwml I see a usable XML file. I would love to know at which stage that you are getting your problem.
A link to your site would be a great start.
Thanks for your tolreance gramps.
There is no link because I have been unable to use it as yet.
I appreciate that it appears as a useable xml page but Dreamweaver doesn't see it that way.
I could just use something like Jaffes did but I was wondering if there was a way to use Dreamweaver's xslt facility.
The problem arises when I create a new XSLT fragment and use that url as the source. It's then that DW gives the errors.
I was wondering whether I was doing something wrong or if something extra needs be done for DW to work with the dwml files.
Sorry for the delay in replying.
I've been away.
I feel I've not communicated the problem at all well.
I still think that we should be able to see what you have done to render assistance.
The problem is not with any page I've created because in this matter I've not created anything as yet. The reason - apart from being away for a while - is that Dreamweaver won't accept the page you said was acceptable. Perhaps the only way you'll understand what I mean is to try it yourself - which is an imposition on you I'm not wishing to lay on you.
In short - I open a new xslt fragment and enter that page as the source - and Dreamweaver says it just won't cooperate and gives me the errors above.
I don't know if its a fault with DW or whether DWML is a proprietary format that DW shouldn't be expected to cope with. I was just wondering whether I was doing something wrong.
You've changed your name !