Skip navigation
GRO-NIC
Currently Being Moderated

F4vpp does not handle files over 2GB?

Feb 27, 2012 7:06 AM

Tags: #f4vpp

Hi everyone,

We use f4vpp to process MP4 files after they are recorded by FMS. A couple of times now we have noticed that the output of f4vpp stops at exactly 2GB.

Have others here seem this same problem? Is this a limitation of f4vpp? Is it a bug or dependent on our system perhaps?

In case it matters: we use f4vpp on linux.

I hope someone can shed some light on this soon as this is really inconvenient. Thanks in advance for any help.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 27, 2012 9:47 AM   in reply to GRO-NIC

I think this migth be limitation from our end but I am not 100% sure - i'll confirm on this by tomorrow.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 29, 2012 5:33 AM   in reply to GRO-NIC

Hi GRO_NIC - sorry for delay in reverting - i was off - just give me couple of days and i'll revert to for sure. Dont worry its on my radar and not slipped - its just that there were few other things my way.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2012 6:09 AM   in reply to GRO-NIC

Yes i had been in discussion with Developers but i fell sick and could not get back to you. As per them there should not be any differnece between Windows and Linux executables. I would have liked to try it myself - does it happen with nay file greater than 2GB on linux or only this specific file - is it possible for you to host it somewhere from where i can download it.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 10, 2013 6:12 AM   in reply to GRO-NIC

will f4vpp work on files that are DRM encoded?  I have not been able to get it to work on this one file I need to convert but I think it is the DRM that stops f4vpp from working?  thanks in advance

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 10, 2013 6:18 AM   in reply to GRO-NIC

use ffmpeg, it is a lossless conversion to .mp4 or .f4v.. Alternatively you can set diskmanagement and segmentduration to null in Application.xml to create 1 .mp4 or .f4f file eliminating the need to package all of segments into 1 file.   You can t hen also use ffmpeg on the 1 segment file to convert to .mp4 or .f4v losslessly as well to remove keyframe interval metadata.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points