This discussion is locked

www.adobe.com/go/edu-validate is down

Dec 25, 2011 10:27 AM

Tags: ##education_validation_down ##education_unresolved
  Latest reply: Jeff A Wright, Oct 4, 2012 3:40 PM
Replies 1 2 3 4 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 26, 2012 1:57 PM   in reply to miguelastico

This whole thing is outrageous.  An Adobe scam.  They draw you in with this great price on software, just to frustrate you to the point of you actually going out and buying the normal license.  I bet if I start saving now, I will probably have enough money to buy the normal license before this issue is ever fixed.  Shame on Adobe.  It seems very convenient that no one at Adobe can actually do anything to speed up this process, and that no one actually works at Identit-e.  I have been trying for 5 days non stop to get some help.  This is the worst customer experience I have ever had with a company, and I will NEVER purchase another Adobe product as long as I live.  I have been trying alternatives to Photoshop while I sit here waiting around and have found some decent ones.  Photoshop would be great, since it is the standard, but it seems we are all out of luck here.  Come on Adobe, get it together!

|
    Mark as:
    Calculating status...
    Feb 26, 2012 1:56 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Thanks for monitoring this. However, I would still like to know why it is taking so long to get a resolution to all of these problems.  I gave up last week on the website and just emailed my Faculty ID to the customer service address for Identit-e.  Do you think that they even bothered to acknowledge that it came in??? No!  I can understand if they are having difficulties with their website for uploading files, but what about just handling business as students and faculty email in their credentials?  Isn't that their job?  Isn't that what they are paid to do?

What is my recourse if this takes weeks? I wouldn't have bothered to  purchase  the software if this is going to drag on with no end in sight.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2012 2:47 PM   in reply to tbinnyc111

S U C C E S S !

I was finally able to submit verification!

There were no problems at all this time!

Success on 02/26/2012 at 5:30pm EST.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2012 3:17 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Success! All my problems have been solved, uploaded my documents, now I just have to wait. Jeff, thanks again for all your help!

-Nick

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2012 3:20 PM   in reply to wwsong13

IT WORKED!  I hope.  I am still very disappointed with Adobe overall, but I would like to thank Jeff for hanging in their with all of us and keeping us updated.  Thank you Jeff.  Hopefully it is smooth sailing from here on out.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2012 5:47 PM   in reply to LINewYorkLI

Oh Happy Days.........

Got mine approved.  What a long four days.  But I hope that this gives the rest of you hope. I opened a request through Adobe, uploaded my two documents.  Then I went to Twitter posted a need help with @Adobe_Care this afternoon giving them my Adobe Case # and my Order Number and went to dinner and came back to find emails from Twitter and Adobe telling me it was a done deal.  Praise God.

Jeff thank you.  I know you were hammered for the last few day.  I wish everyone here good luck.  Somethings just take time I guess.  Thank you to other folks that helped me along this path.

Good Luck All.  And if I can help you in anyway just let me know.

Later........................

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2012 7:34 PM   in reply to hobhobgoblin

Yeah, I could send the files, finally.

However, I am still not happy for how this situation was dealt with.

It seems that nobody really knew what was happening; reading through two months of discussion, I read "we are contacting identit-e to see what is the problem" and then no answer of what was the real problem. First time seems to have been Christmas. Second time last week with the (exceptional) offers. I guess that identit-e is not able to deal with an increase of traffic.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 27, 2012 8:01 AM   in reply to Not_Null

I got my license key last night at 1:00 AM.

There is hope! Hang in there, guys.

|
    Mark as:
    Calculating status...
    Feb 27, 2012 9:18 AM   in reply to hobhobgoblin

Some success here also, she was finally able to submit her documents early this morning through the link. Now she just has to play the waiting game.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 27, 2012 11:06 AM   in reply to hobhobgoblin

Has anyone had any email correspondence from Identit-e?  I emailed my student ID and have heard nothing.  Adobe customer support doesn't feel that there is any problem here (I just got off the phone with them).  Help!!!!

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 27, 2012 11:51 AM   in reply to hobhobgoblin

@tbinnyc111: I was able to complete the "submit proof" steps, and they sent me an email requiring the id and transcript (my id doesn't have date on it). As instructed, I sent them the material, but I didn't receive anything back since then. My guess is that now they are a bit overloaded with all the people who were waiting for the website to work again.

In the "check status" link (from the "my orders" page) they state

Otherwise, please allow 2 business days before checking the status of your request.

So I guess that we need just to be a little patient.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 27, 2012 7:24 PM   in reply to hobhobgoblin

I have been dealing with this for days now.  I thought I would be approved by having a k12 address but this morning was asked to submit proof so I uploaded a copy of my ID and paystub.  Now I need to wait again.  To say this process has been frustrating is an understatement.

|
    Mark as:
    Calculating status...
    Feb 27, 2012 7:41 PM   in reply to miguelastico

After several trials, I managed to get access to Identit-E and quickly entered my Order Number. I got an quick email from Identit-E on Feb 23rd to submit the documents. I immediately replied back with my student ID and trasncript. It is Feb 27 night and no progress other than "Eligibility Pending" at Order page on adobe and standard wait message on Identit-E as shown below on the snapshots.

Common Adobe, learn from Microsoft, MATLAB, Maplesoft, etc..... Their verifications have been much more friendly yet I believe more robust than yours. It reflects too badly on Adobe as a software company. I have been using Adobe for years, but such negligence has started me to think about looking for other options.

Adobe.PNG

IdentitE.PNG

|
    Mark as:
    Calculating status...
    Feb 27, 2012 8:09 PM   in reply to Harsh5

You may want to click on check status. There were at least 3 of us that the process hung-up until we clicked on it, got an error or other screen and came back to have the codes showing..shortly after that we got an email with the codes as well.

|
    Mark as:
    Calculating status...
    Feb 28, 2012 5:10 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Please add me up to your list, I've tried every day since Feb 22nd, I too get the spinining circle right after clicking on submit proof, I contacted Adobe by chat last night and they told me the same thing I have read on this thread, (try a different a broweser, delete the cookies etc) I've done all of that, so at this point I'm just waiting for this to be fixed.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 28, 2012 6:47 AM   in reply to hobhobgoblin

Ok. Got my serial number yesterday finally from Identit-e.  Had the same problems with the spinning circle and not being able to upload the ID.  Here's what to do: email them the ID in the form that they require (it's noted on their email to you).  Then wait.  There's no way to contact them, and whether Adobe can or can't contact them on your behalf is questionable (they are supposed to be an independent verification firm after all). 

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 28, 2012 6:56 AM   in reply to tbinnyc111

My problem is that my ID doesn't have date, so I had to send my transcript too. Therefore the form that they require is not sufficient, as I had to use lastname_firstname_productcode_transcript.pdf and lastname_firstname_productcode_ID.pdf. Hopefully they are not that strict. The "check status" page shows that they are checking (really...).

This is really incredible. Adobe is lucky that there is nothing like photoshop around...

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 28, 2012 2:42 PM   in reply to miguelastico

Here's an update: I contacted adobe customer service today and the guy was trying to help me validate, but he was not able to do anyhting for me, so he put me on hold a few times and he even logged in using my account so he had to reset my password, only to tell me to send an e-mail to custserv@identit-e.com I have yet to receive an answer, but come on adobe !! please step up to fix  this I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem. It really seems impossible that Adobe cannot solve this problem!!! does not make sense, I have tried for over 6 days straight to get this done,  and no I have not been able to submit anything through the order page,  Can we PLEASE get someone from Adobe to look at it so you can see that the submit proof link is broken, we all need to get this completed before our orders cancel out.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 28, 2012 2:50 PM   in reply to luisinoavila

The Identit-e site does appear to be functioning and both Identit-e and Adobe are working through the backlog of orders.  I would ask that you continue to be patient especially those who have successfully submitted their Eligibility information.  Duplicate submissions are actually slowing down the process as we still need to go through the process to prepare to approve the order only to find it has already been approved.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 28, 2012 6:15 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Jef: Where's the link for identit-e ? if it's working how do I link the order I placed online with adobe.com and the identit-e site?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 29, 2012 9:34 AM   in reply to luisinoavila

lbecerril it depends on the method and choices you made regarding your order.  I would recommend reviewing the, "How do I submit my proof of eligibility to get my serial number?," section of the Education FAQ.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 29, 2012 11:15 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Jeff A Wright wrote:

The Identit-e site does appear to be functioning and both Identit-e and Adobe are working through the backlog of orders.  I would ask that you continue to be patient especially those who have successfully submitted their Eligibility information.  Duplicate submissions are actually slowing down the process as we still need to go through the process to prepare to approve the order only to find it has already been approved.

Jeff, I think that I speak for many in this discussion when I say that we are actually concerned about the fact that the delay could actually cancel our orders. I purchased Photoshop on Feb. 22, and now 7 days already passed. Technically, if the order should be canceled next week. From the Identit-e part, they say that they wait ten days before canceling my request. Now, I obtained the product with a promotion that is not active anymore, and I would be extremely disappointed if I cannot buy it at that price, expecially because it's Adobe's fault. I assume that this is true for everybody that would have to re-purchase.

What is the position of Adobe on the matter? Will we be waived the days in which identit-e was not working?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 29, 2012 12:15 PM   in reply to miguelastico

Miguelastico I can certainly understand your concern regarding the timing of your order.  We are continuing to work through the backlog of orders.  If you have concerns about your specific order I would recommend contacting our support team.  They can look at your personal specifics regarding your order and better assist you directly.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 29, 2012 12:22 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

yes, that's exactly my concern: when I called adobe last Friday nobody knew that there was a problem. They made me try the usual "another browser, clean cookies, another computer, another internet provider, another country" procedure. The fact that this issue has been present in the past two months seemed not to be known by the three persons I talked to.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 29, 2012 2:51 PM   in reply to hobhobgoblin

I wish we had some transparency here in the validation process re Adobe Lightroom 3. Does the 3rd party contractor (www.identit-e.com) have a software registration problem? SNAFU? What is Adobe doing to help speed up the backlog? I don't know how many iterations I have gone through in trying to upload my required information. Meanwhile, the LR3 program is still in the box.

For those of you who have been lucky and successful please give us a step by step guide as to how you achieved this. Does it require a telephone call to Adobe/Identit?

Much appreciated and suffering.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 29, 2012 6:11 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Jeff, thanks for your answer I don't think you fully understand the situation, right now this is by far my worst experience ever purchasing anything over the Internet, I can not believe that it's so difficult for someone in adobe to see that this process is a deterrent it prevents people to buy from adobe, some of my colleagues purchased the same day and have their order on their way already, they had to spend hours on the phone, e-mails that never got a response and chat, I've done all of that myself and my order screen still says: "Eligibility required: Submit proof"  Meanwhile the only answer I hear is try later, try again, try another browser, try another computer, and try again oh and by the way the site is down, so how am I asked  to try again if the site is down? anyone knows? I don't have a product code I purchased directly from adobe online last week, so who do I call?  I'm running out of time and your options don't seem to work for me.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 29, 2012 7:09 PM   in reply to luisinoavila

Ibecerril I kept checking the identit-e website until someone was available on chat. It was very frustrating but I finally got luck, she approved it based on my .edu email, I was told to wait at least an hour, my status on adobe did not change until I clicked on check status..it was stuck i guess, I received an error page but when I went back I had my codes. If you used the SAVE80EDU, based on other sides, the code was an error, I think adobe and identit-e was blown out of the water with orders. Good luck!

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 29, 2012 7:39 PM   in reply to panhandle mom

www.identit-e.com is for people who have a product code, I don't have a product code.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 1, 2012 7:36 AM   in reply to hobhobgoblin

got the serial

identit-e is clogged, takes some time

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 12, 2012 10:25 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Jeff: all I can say now is that I'm very dissapointed, now I learned my lesson to be shared among friends and family: "I will never again buy from adobe.com"  I don't care to say more.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 13, 2012 10:23 AM   in reply to luisinoavila

Ibecerril I am sorry you experienced difficulties with the validation process.  The difficulties detailed in this thread should be resolved though at this time.

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2012 12:36 PM   in reply to roarchik

Customer Service

Identit-E, LLC

Veronika Drake
    Kundendienst
    Identit-E, GmbH

vdrake@identit-e.com

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 4, 2012 3:40 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Locking this thread to reduce confusion as this thread was for an issue in February 2012.

|
    Mark as:
1 2 3 4 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (2)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points