Skip navigation
DWguy
Currently Being Moderated

Dreamweaver CS5.5 not displaying fonts correctly in live view

Feb 27, 2012 11:48 AM

Tags: #html #cs5.5 #dreamweaver #css #dreamweaver_cs5 #navigation #font_preview

I've integrated some web fonts into my website, which display properly in every browser on my computer (and more importantly) on on other computers properly; strangely enough, Dreamweaver CS5.5's live view doesn't display them as they should be displayed. The font Raleway is displayed as Times New Roman, and League Gothic as Helvetica. Stranger still, Ubuntu, which I use for my <body> element in general, works fine in all weights and styles. Any advice on how to get the other fonts to work properly?                    

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 27, 2012 11:57 AM   in reply to DWguy

So if everything renders fine in all the major browsers, does it matter the Live View doesnt? Live View is notoriously NOT a good example of browser rendering, and should not be used as such.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 27, 2012 12:02 PM   in reply to DWguy

Can you post a link to your website so we can check it out and see if it works at our end?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 27, 2012 12:06 PM   in reply to DWguy

Yes but the fact is, Live View should never be relied upon for acurate testing of browser rendering. Live testing in real time browsers should always be the default test.

But as John said, post a link so we can see if its working for us.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 27, 2012 12:53 PM   in reply to DWguy

lol Yes I've always wondered why the Live View isn't more representative of what the browser would render. I guess, since there are many differences in how elements are rendered in different browsers, they just did the best they could with Live View. Maybe someone with much more hands on knowledge could explain this.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 27, 2012 1:35 PM   in reply to DWguy

Your webpage doesn't seem to have those fonts (Raleway, League Gothic) included in either the stylesheets or the HTML. You have 2 separate links to stylesheets with Google fonts included - are these supposed to be the fonts you are referencing?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 27, 2012 1:53 PM   in reply to DWguy

In order for us to help you, we need to see the code of the problem in question. If neither of the problem fonts are on the website, it's kind of irrelevant to post a link to it.

Does Exo work in Live View? My suspicion is that you are missing one or more variants of the font. Live View requires the .ttf variant to preview the font, IE requires the .eot variant and the other 2 (.woff and .svg) are for the remainder of the browsers.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 27, 2012 2:47 PM   in reply to DWguy

This one is a strange issue. Your website seems fine to me in Live View when I copy/paste the html and css - looks almost exactly the same as it does in FF/Chrome for me. I also tested this with a previous project of mine and the most common way for the get Live View to stop showing the fonts, was to remove the .ttf reference or move the fonts folder. I am assuming of course that the 2 fonts are referenced in your css styles? p {font-family: "Raleway", Helvetica, Sans-serif;"}

Only other thing that comes to mind is that your font settings in DW are not the same as the website you are trying to view. In preferences > font it should be set to UTF. See below screenshot. This one is kinda clutching at straws as it's rarely the problem.

DW_pref.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2012 10:09 AM   in reply to Rik Ramsay

Thanks. I was having this issue – Live view not displaying my @font-face custom font, however adding the .ttf file sorted it out.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points