Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

flex2gateway and URL rewrites

Jan 9, 2012 10:40 AM

I'm not sure if this is a CF problem, Flex problem, or Apache server problem? Or maybe none of them? But how does one work around the issue of URL rewrites and flex2gateway path problems? My company allows users to login to the corporate network from outside the office and when they do all URLs are rewritten. HTML links work fine but flex apps cannot connect to the flash remoting to coldfusion. A network guy said he enabled a flash setting on the server but it hasn't solved the problem. Any one have any ideas on this one?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 9, 2012 12:39 PM   in reply to BosDog

You should use RewriteCond to check that the URL is one that you want to rewrite before you actually do the rewrite.

For example, here is a rewrite rule I use.

RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(^/flex2gateway|^/flashservices|^/CFIDE)($|/)

RewriteRule ^([a-zA-Z0-9\/\-\%:\[\]\{\}\|\;\<\>\?\,\*\!\@\#\$\ \(\)\^_`~]*)$ /index.cfm?furl=$1 [L,PT,QSA]

The RewriteCond checks that the URL does not /flex2gateway /flashservices or /CFIDE before rewriting the URL.  Hope that helps.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 28, 2012 6:54 AM   in reply to BosDog

Apache

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 28, 2012 7:23 AM   in reply to BosDog

Well, what are they being rewritten to?  Is it a predicatble pattern?  If so, you may be able to re-rewrite them.  So if your VPN rewrites them, (btw that should not be happening, so the real problem is w/ the VPN and it should really be fixed there, but thats a different conversation) can you have Apache "fix" them?

Just thinking out loud here.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points