• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to print multiple copies of PDF using reader X

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2012 Feb 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows 7 --64 bit and printing a PDF to dell 3115cn and can NOT print more than one copy of a PDF at a time. I have used adobe acrobat pro 8 and then went to reader x --same issues.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Gregg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What means "unable"; if you select to print 2 copies, does it print only 1 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just did a test: Adobe Reader 10.1.2 on Windows 7 64-bit -- selected to print 2 copies, and it printed 2 copies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2012 Feb 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you selecting the Number of Copies from the Printer Properties or from the Reader Print Dialog as such.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have selected print number of copies from both printer properties and from reader print dialog. When number of copies has been set in reader or acrobat the printer properties numbers mirror the number set in reader or acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll add another piece of info; in addition to number of copies,  I also have selected specific page numbers to print and selected flip on long edge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information.

Do also let us know what Pat had asked above. Are you getting only 1 copy or are not able to print at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2012 Feb 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi to all!

I have a similar issue using Adobe Reader X 10.0.1, 10.1.0, 10.1.2, when select File > Print > Page Handling: 1, click Printer Properties > Page Setup, specify eg. Copies : 5, it prints 1 copy only. Happen to a number of different printers, eg. HP, Epson, Xerox, Canon, Brother printer, etc. However, if you specify 5 copies inside Reader Print Dialog box, it prints 5 copies correctly.

It did not happen on Adobe Reader 8.1.3 and  Reader 9.4.7. Meaning if you specify 5 copies inside printer properties, it prints exactly 5 copies. If you specify 5 copies inside Reader Print Dialog box, it also prints 5 copies correctly.

Anyone have any solutions or workarounds to solve this issue besides specifying Adobe Reader X : File>Print>Page Handling: 5 copies?

Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2012 May 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is most likely the mopier setting (yes it's a real setting) in the printer.  It's usually enabled by default and is used so that a given app can send just one copy of a given job/page & then WIndows plus the printer take care of printing multple copies. With the combination of Adobe and particularly WIn 7, they get confused - especially if it's an older printer without much internal memory (most Adobe pages are memory intensive!)

Go to Devices & printers, right click the printer in question, choose printer properties, then select the device settings tab, scroll down to installable options & then disable mopier mode.

Best of Luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2012 May 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks sandiego -- am running win 7 and printing to dell 3115cn -- there is no device settings under printer properties -- wnet through each tab and nada.

Other ideas?

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2012 May 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want to insult you/anyone - but what I can say is that all of our printers (and we have many flavors) have a printer properties with a device settings tab.  I've inserted a couple of screen snips that show what we see & where the mopier setting shows up.  Hope this is helpful.

Printer Properties Screen Shot Reduced Size.jpgPrinter Properties - Device settings.JPGPrinter Device Settings - Mopier mode.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2012 May 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No insult but it appears HP "printer Properties" differ from DELL --see attached

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2012 Jun 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to concur with GCinTX. My HP Officejet 8600 drivers does have the Device Settings but it does not include the Mopier Mode setting.  It may be device specific -- so unfortunately my problem still exists. Would love to hear from others on possible solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2016 Feb 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked.  I have been fighting that battle for months.  Simple solution but never would have thought of it.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That worked March 2023 -to give a date.  Been fighting that for awhile!   Thanks for the photo posting also!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an old thread but your magical powers are still strong.  This fixed my issues in multiple programs.  Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2016 Oct 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue with my Brother printer. I followed the directions, but my Brother printer does not have a "mopier" mode setting. I verified this with Brother Customer Service.

But I did find an answer through a google search and it worked.

Set the Printer Driver Spool Settings to "Print Directly to Printer"

To change the printer driver's spool settings, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, and then click Printers and Faxes.
  2. Right-click the printer icon for your printer driver, and then click Properties.
  3. Click the Advanced tab.
  4. Click to select Print Directly to the Printer.
  5. Click OK twice..

This worked for me on the printer (Brother HL-L2380) that was having issues on printing more than 1 copy of a pdf file.

I hope it works for you, as it did for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines