Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

F4vpp does not handle files over 2GB?

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2012 Feb 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

We use f4vpp to process MP4 files after they are recorded by FMS. A couple of times now we have noticed that the output of f4vpp stops at exactly 2GB.

Have others here seem this same problem? Is this a limitation of f4vpp? Is it a bug or dependent on our system perhaps?

In case it matters: we use f4vpp on linux.

I hope someone can shed some light on this soon as this is really inconvenient. Thanks in advance for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2012 Feb 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this migth be limitation from our end but I am not 100% sure - i'll confirm on this by tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2012 Feb 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick response. Have you been able to look into this by now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 29, 2012 Feb 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GRO_NIC - sorry for delay in reverting - i was off - just give me couple of days and i'll revert to for sure. Dont worry its on my radar and not slipped - its just that there were few other things my way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2012 Feb 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Allright, good to know that it is still on your radar .

Some additional info: I have just tested postprocessing a 2.7 GB file on a Windows 7 machine and that does work. Apparently the problem lies in the Linux executable. For a moment I though that it might be the filesystem but then off course that file system also contains the original file so it can handle 2GB+ files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2012 Mar 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you been able to look into this? It has been about a week and we would really like to resolve this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i had been in discussion with Developers but i fell sick and could not get back to you. As per them there should not be any differnece between Windows and Linux executables. I would have liked to try it myself - does it happen with nay file greater than 2GB on linux or only this specific file - is it possible for you to host it somewhere from where i can download it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that, hope you are feeling better now.

It is consistent for all files above 2GB on that sytem.

Some info: It is a 64-bit Debian Squeeze system. To support the 32-bit executable f4vpp we have had to install ia32-libs. We have however run the tool on a 32-bit Debian Lenny previously where we had the same problem.

If you wish  I could supply you with a 2GB+ file that has actually been a problem for us. As said though, it is consistent for any file above 2GB (in our situation at least).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2012 Mar 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you been able to test postprocessing a large file already? We really would like to resolve this issue as it has turned up in our production system again this week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2013 Mar 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

will f4vpp work on files that are DRM encoded?  I have not been able to get it to work on this one file I need to convert but I think it is the DRM that stops f4vpp from working?  thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 10, 2013 Mar 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use ffmpeg, it is a lossless conversion to .mp4 or .f4v.. Alternatively you can set diskmanagement and segmentduration to null in Application.xml to create 1 .mp4 or .f4f file eliminating the need to package all of segments into 1 file.   You can t hen also use ffmpeg on the 1 segment file to convert to .mp4 or .f4v losslessly as well to remove keyframe interval metadata.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2016 Feb 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

64 Bit version of this tool is available Please take a look in to this thread : https://forums.adobe.com/message/8515628#8515628

Thanks,

Puspendra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines