Skip navigation
lansfam
Currently Being Moderated

Logo looks flattened

Jan 30, 2012 9:58 AM

I have recently created a business card and when our company logo was incorporated the letters of the logo look flat.

The business card is standard size with the the original imported logo image being 6000x4200 png file.  I tried making the size smaller by dragging the corner point to a smaller dimension but the result is flattened image that loses crispness. 

Should I be using the png file or would it be best to work with the original .ai vectored file?

Thank you

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 30, 2012 10:12 AM   in reply to lansfam

You should work with the original vector file. Create the card in Illustrator, export a PDF and hand that to the service bureau for printing.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 30, 2012 10:47 AM   in reply to lansfam

Don't know what you mean with flat. It#s just that the original vector fiöe should produce better quality than a PNG: Maybe you could show a screenshot of what you mean?

|
    Mark as:
  • print_chesco
    9 posts
    Feb 8, 2012
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 29, 2012 7:35 AM   in reply to lansfam

It's hard to understand what you mean by "flat" seeing as logos are, in essence, actually flat. Do you mean that you are working on a logo that should have a 3d effect or a hint of depth and resizing messes it up? Good logos should be scalable and would not get distorted no matter what size you make them.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 29, 2012 7:37 AM   in reply to lansfam

Ian,

I believe a clarification of the term the vectored image would help.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points