Skip navigation
Carolin Collins
Currently Being Moderated

Properties Color Picker in Fireworks CS4 no longer picks up color

Feb 29, 2012 4:41 AM

I upgraded to OS Lion yesterday and this morning have noticed that the color picker in the Properties pane at the bottom of the screen no longer works. I will only change colour if I select one from the swatch but not from an element on the page. I can only cahnge to another colour by manually entering the Hex code. This is incredibly time-consuming, for all sorts of tasks like changing font colors, color-swap, fill color etc etc.!

Don't know if the OS upgrade has anything to do with it but it's the only thing that changed on my computer since yesterday.

Does anybody have any ideas how I can get around this or if there is aosme other setting I can change to get it to work again?? Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 29, 2012 7:40 PM   in reply to Carolin Collins

That sounds awful. I did a quick search for this, and apparently Color Picker problems in FW CS4 on Lion are a "known issue". This page has a couple of official Adobe links related to Creative Suite/Lion compatibility:

http://blogs.adobe.com/oobe/2011/07/lion-tamers.html

Also, I found this forum posting. Have you tried using the Color Palette panel instead? Or the Color Mixer?

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3214548#3214548

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 2, 2012 10:39 AM   in reply to Carolin Collins

Very wise move because Adobe products with Mac Lion are a joke.

I cannot believe I have spend thousands of pounds on Adobe and this is how they treat us. Shocking. It's been over a year now and they still can't even be bothered to tell us whether they are going to fix their software or not.

Never again.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points