Skip navigation
vidstream
Currently Being Moderated

Noobe at a loss

Feb 29, 2012 10:50 PM

I have just downloaded the developer ed of both FMS and FMG.  I am trying to build a simple web training system for my company.  The idea being, the intructor will be using a SIP camera connected to FMG.  FMG will interface to an FMS application.  The audience of the training will see the streaming video and hear the audio through flash players on their PCs.  I am having a hard time finding an example of doing anything like this.  I have tested streaming video using flash media encoder and I can view the video using the players on webpages.  I can connect to the FMG with a SIP video phone and call another SIP video phone.  I can call out to the outside world through the SIP gateway from the SIP video phone and I can place calls throught he sip gateway to the FMG server.  I have read the documentation several times and just don't understand how to get the Video and Audio from the SIP device to FMS Application so I can stream it.  I have been trying for several days now, trying to send the calls to the Live Application in FMS,  Can someone help by pointing me in the right direction or does someone have FMG &  FMS setup this way that has configuration files that they would like to share?. 

Thank you

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 1, 2012 1:46 AM   in reply to vidstream

To get a picture, you need to first reach to a stage where you are able to view video from SIP Video conferencing device on the FlashPhone.

Have you been able to view video coming from Video conferencing phone via FMG on sample FlashPhone which comes with FMG ?

Note: Update your flash player version to 11.2 beta (from labs.adobe.com). Current release version on your desktop will *not* play video coming from FMG, due to a bug.

Republishing stream to another application is a next step you may take.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points