I have a Flash Media Streaming Server 4.0 running for more than a year now.
I protect the access to my server through the "allowedHTMLdomains.txt and allowedSWFdomains.txt feature" (amongst other things...).
We noticed that with Firefox 10.0.2 (last version) and Flash Player 18.104.22.168 (last version) our customers can't connect anymore.
In the admin console we can read things like :
Authentication failed for pageurl: http://my.domain.com, rejecting connection from XXX.XXXXXX.XXX
If i try from the same computer with another browser, i get
In the logs i have lines like that :
--> connection error :
--> connection successful:
I can't find any significant difference...
I didn't change anything in my configuration since the beginning, and the application was working without probleme with every version of Browser/FlashPlayer untill now.
I suppose this is a bug, from Firefox or FlashPLayer or FlashMediaServer.
Is there anyone from Adobe that could help me to solve this or "workaround" this, knowing that i must use the security features.
Thank you very much for your help!
No, I couldn't begin to guess on the timeline for flashplayer bugfixes, but obviously, it won't happen until at least the next flashplayer update.
In the meantime, you should be able to work around it by limiting your allowedDomains to just domains, and not paths to pages or directories
Ok for the timeline.
For your workaround : it was already the case : i had only domains in my allowedDomains.
I'll have to turn off this feature, and after the update of the flash player, hope that not too many people will stuck to the old flash player version...
Thx for your help anyway!
Europe, Middle East and Africa