Skip navigation
KTMjapan
Currently Being Moderated

Non-Editable Text Layers are USELESS....

Mar 1, 2012 2:06 AM

Tags: #photoshop #failure #photoshop_cs5 #photoshop_touch #non_editable_text #text_edit

I previously asked about editing text layers post-creation because PST does not allow us to change spelling, change fonts or even simply select text on a layer once it has been created...

You can free transform ( basic functions ) but you can't change the text itself... This to me was a tad annoying but nonetheless I submitted an IDEA to add this which has been voted on 3 times... idea located at    http://forums.adobe.com/ideas/1221

BUT.......... Now I have discovered that those same Text layers created in PST are ALSO NOT EDITABLE IN PHOTOSHOP 5.x... ?????

*** Give it a try...Save your multilayered PSDX file ( with a text layer or 2 ) to the creative cloud - - download into PS 5.x and low and behold - the text layer created in PST is ALSO not editable in Photoshop ????

This is basically the same effect as RASTERIZING your Text Layer - - it still appears as a Text layer in the layers panel but the text is no longer Selectable or Editable...

This just isn't right......   We need editable text layers in PST that can be further edited in Photoshop when transfered......

Please vote positively on this idea so that Adobe will include this MOST BASIC OF FEATURES...

If someone else has a way to work around this please let me know - I would be pleased to find out I am an idiot and there is a simple solution to this - as of now adding any kind of text layer in PST is a waste of time for me...

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 1, 2012 10:19 AM   in reply to KTMjapan

touch is LOLcat grade type that becomes rendered pixels

I don't expect inDesign grade typography in a 10 dollar app, I'm just happy to be able to just mark up with text with drop shadows

dZ

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 1, 2012 2:52 PM   in reply to KTMjapan

Hi KTMjapan,

I understand your desire for a better type tool. As a designer, I'd like to have that too. Please remember that this is a 1.0 product. Adobe hasn't "crippled" any functions. It takes time to develop features for all new devices and operating systems. Please be patient with the Photoshop Touch team. They are engineering new and better features as fast as they can.

Thanks for your feedback and your patience,

Luanne

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points