Skip navigation
vincy20
Currently Being Moderated

computer infected with virus, can't go online, how to deactivate?

Mar 1, 2012 7:42 PM

Tags: #problem #cs5 #internet #pc #virus #deactivate

I currently have bought and is using 'Adobe Creative Suite 5 Design Premium Student and Teacher Edition' on a windows PC for over year now.

and recently, I encounter an online virus and so I need to reformat my computer completely that has the Adobe software...

I read the online FAQs that I will need to deactivate(?) my product so that I can reinstall it again.

My problem is that because of the virus, I cannot even go online to the internet to intiate the deactivation process (with the computer that has virus;; i am now using another computer with internet connection to ask for help)...and I'm not sure how to solve it correctly....

Can someone please let me know asap on how i can solve my problem? Do I need to 'deactivate permentaly' first? If you can show me a step-by-step guide, that would be great too.

I appreciate your response. Thank-you.

Sincerely,

Adobe customer

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 2, 2012 1:51 PM   in reply to vincy20

Vincy20 I would recommend resolving your virus issue.  Once solved you can contact our support team if you run into an activation issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 3, 2012 1:16 PM   in reply to vincy20

Don't worry about it.  If you receive a message about exceeding your amount of activations you can contact our support team and explain the situation and we can increase the activation.  We will be able to tell that you are still installing it on the same computer unless you are also making major hardware changes?

My best advice is resolve your virus issue.  Then can work on the activation issue if it becomes necessary.  If you have only ever installed your software on this computer then you would still have an additional activation available to you.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 5, 2012 9:21 AM   in reply to vincy20

Certainly our support team can check the number of activations you have used and help determine if there will need to be any action taken to allow you to install on your reformatted computer.  For the best assistance, I recommend our chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.  Our chat representatives can provide a personalized experience to resolve the issue you have described.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points