Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Who messed with the printer dialogue for Acrobat Pro 10.1.2??

Jan 20, 2012 1:03 AM

We have several printers installed on each computer. When I print manuals that a client has ordered I have to switch between several ways to print all the time (we print all manuals on demand as we sell them). Here are the printers we have installed:

Printing on one side, A4

Printing on both sides, A4 (duplex long edge)

Printing on one side, A4, landscape orientation with staple to the left, slanted

Printing on one side, A4, portrait orientation with staple to the left, slanted

Booklet printing (on A3)

With the upgrade to 10.1.2 Acrobat totally ignores our printer settings when it comes to duplex printing. With the new version of Acrobat, you can find that setting when you open the printer dialogue on the first page, and it doesn't matter what the setting for the printer says, it's that check on the first page that counts.

Who came up with that "briliant" idea? Now I have to check and uncheck and open the properties for each print job, and that's very time consuming. I don't know how much paper I've had to throw away the last couple of days due to this.

And when we are talking printer dialogues, can't someone at Adobe fix that the "fit to page" or whatever it's called in English are back to None when you close Acrobat? It's so idiotic that, if you change to "fit to page", it stays there until you choose otherwise. It doesn't matter if you close the program. I would have liked it to be for one printer job only, but if you can't get that, at least that it goes back to None when you close the program. This is not a new "feature", but an old irritating function that soon gives me an ulcer...

Lena, Sweden

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 24, 2012 2:23 AM   in reply to lenahanson

Yes, we find it diabolical, we will have to retrain everybody (again) and we have not yet worked it all out - I agree with Lena from Sweden, and what happened to "auto rotate and CENTER" empahsis on center !

We do exactly the same type of work here and are flummoxed by the unheralded changes without much forethought for us production print on demand printers who must use acrobat on a minute by minute basis.

We are still working this out - not much of an improved dialog in my opinion.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 25, 2012 5:56 PM   in reply to GregEaton

Further to my previous post - we are finding new serious issues on an hourly basis - not having paper size and document size and an indication of reduction or expansion percentage in the printer dialog further increases time spent, mistakes made etc. etc.  This is not an improved dialog in a production environment by any means.  It is costing us money -big time.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 2, 2012 12:43 PM   in reply to lenahanson

You are not the only ones, several threads express the utter DISMAY our entire department has been inflicted with by Adobe.

See my thread "The 10.1.2 update REMOVED the ability to accurately print to scale"

CAD drawing printing is effectively disabled, we had to go to another program for all our precise printing.

WHY AREN'T THEY LISTENING???

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points