Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Changing App Icon

Feb 24, 2012 11:57 AM

Hello. We recently changed the name of one of our magazines. Our Adobe rep told us to just update everything without changing the Adobe login that is used to create the magazine. That way we can keep all of our readers without starting over. Everything has been approved by Apple and the app is now live, yet the app icon has not changed. It is still the old icon with the old name even though all new art was used to create the app from the viewer builder. Is there any way to change this? Obviously this is a huge problem for us. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Luke

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 24, 2012 12:07 PM   in reply to Lukeymonster

Did you actually update the app and submit the updated version?

Bob

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,644 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Feb 24, 2012 12:10 PM   in reply to Bob Levine

I've updated one of my app icons several times. Changing the app icons in Viewer Builder and then re-submitting the app is all that's required.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2012 12:14 PM   in reply to Lukeymonster

Did you have a look at the developer version of your app? Does it also have an updated app icon?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2012 12:34 PM   in reply to Lukeymonster

Today at 11:30? Give it a little time and it will show up as an update.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,644 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Mar 2, 2012 12:29 PM   in reply to Lukeymonster

I have no idea why your app icon didn't change. As I mentioned, I've changed my app icon three different times, and each time it works. I think your best approach is to rebuild your viewer with the new icons, save the .zip distribution file in a known location, and make sure you submit that .zip file to Apple. One possibility is that you resubmitted a previous .zip file. As I said, I don't know why that happened, and I haven't heard of it happening to anyone else.

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,644 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Apr 20, 2012 9:03 AM   in reply to Lukeymonster

Thanks for taking the time to explain this, Luke. I've only changed the 72x72 app icon, never the 512x512 app icon. This is helpful information.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points