Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Color Keying

Mar 2, 2012 11:42 AM

Ok guys,

Here is the problem am having am trying to key out my subject, but am getting a green light reflection on his face, I think the problem might be the position of the camera, lights & green screen, jus need ur advice or help on this.

HEre is what am Doing,

am standing above my subject on high beam, pointing the camera downwards then i have two light on the screen and one on his background and face, i think the problem is, i have positioned diagonally to the screen, he is not standing directly infront of the screen.

Screen Shot 2012-03-02 at 3.33.33 PM.png

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 2, 2012 1:45 PM   in reply to ksemple

The problem is light is being reflectecd form the screen onto your subject. That's a basic lighting issue for keying. Not much you can do about it After Effects. Spill suppression is a function of better keyers such as Keylight and, if you visit the Keylight site or search for tutorials for the product, you will find lots of help on using the filter. But properly lighting a key set is fundamental to getting a good key. And that, too, is easily researched. You need room between the subject and the green screen and you need a light meter and you need control media for your lighting kit in the form of neutral density filters or dimmers (which cause the temperature of the light to change, a different issue).

Keylight has a great spill suppression system.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 3, 2012 6:42 AM   in reply to bogiesan

If you can't remove the color contamination with your keying software, and you should be able to do it with Keylight, try using Selective Color.

Screen Shot 2012-03-03 at 6.40.42 AM.png

BTW, just applying keylight to this screenshot and picking green as the screen color completely removes the green reflections.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 5, 2012 7:29 AM   in reply to Rick Gerard

Rats, I should have known that, for some, a complex issue like this requires only a one-click solution.

There you go, all you need is software. You don't need a competent lighting setup or experience.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points