Skip navigation
LiamDutch
Currently Being Moderated

Why is Adobe Story going to be so expensive?

Jan 5, 2012 8:30 PM

Hello, I am really enjoying using Adobe Story at the moment, but like a lot of people I am concerned about the cost that is coming along. $20-$30 a month or $200-$300 a year is just too much. "Final Draft" costs $300 (and is currently only $178.11 on Amazon!) and that's a one off payment. Or there's always "Celtx" which has a free version!
Unfortunatelly, when it comes to it, I will begrudgingly have to export all of my Adobe Story work and switch to "Celtx" or "Final Draft" (probably Celtx)

That is of course, unless you are secretly going to surprise us with a lower price or a "free" account option with a few features removed...

...are there such plans?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 5, 2012 9:35 PM   in reply to LiamDutch

Folks

Communication around future pricing for Story as a standalone product and hosted service will come out in a few months.

I just want to let you know it will NOT cost $300 a year. We’ll price it competitively based on our assessment of the value we provide to you. Remember that Story, when it becomes a paid product, will include production scheduling and shooting script creation capabilities in addition to writing.

I can’t comment on your last comment. A surprise should be a surprise, if it is, after all. ☺

--Anubhav

Anubhav Rohatgi

Product Manager, Adobe Story

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 4, 2012 5:19 PM   in reply to AnubhavRohatgi

That's great once you sell a script. But since most are not in the SWG that pricing for the standalone should be a fraction. As I tried telling you a $99.00 for story and 99.00 for each other module would be your best pricing option out of the gate. Otherwise your expecting people to compare your product to no other for FEATURES.Or you will only sell to producers. Those of us who are writers will simply ignore your product. As we are the driving force go ahead and think we are not your target market.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 11, 2012 2:28 PM   in reply to drgm

We believe that the pricing will work for paid and aspiring writers.

--Anubhav

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 4, 2012 5:46 PM   in reply to drgm

Add a delinking or linking feature to make it a more flexible series of programs for marketing purposes.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 13, 2013 1:35 PM   in reply to AnubhavRohatgi

If we subscribe to the Creative Suite will we continue to get Adobe Story for "free" as part of that suite?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points