Skip navigation
Shardface
Currently Being Moderated

Backup problems

Feb 29, 2012 10:49 PM

Tags: #error #catalog #organizer #crash #elements #backup #discwriter.dll

I purchased a copy of Photoshop Elements 10 today, and I installed it on my computer (older dell, win xp 32-bit, sp3, 1 gb ram) and I have created a catalog.  However, I can't backup the catalog because I consistently get an error that says the program must close.  I have traced the error message and it says the problem is with the photoshopelements.exe file and the discwriter.dll file.  I can't find any solution to my problem, and I have tried new catalogs, optimization, repair, reconnect, uninstall and reinstall.....all the things one would normally think of.  I have searched my computer for that discwriter.dll file, and the only place it appears is the photoshop elements directory, so I know it cant be caused by another program (by the way, I also went to msconfig and turned off all the startup programs and services to ensure there was not a conflict).  I have tried registry cleaning programs, anitvirus, antimalware, antispyware; those did nothing.  I don't know what else to try.

I just want to keep the pictures of my kids safe, and need to back them up.  I would hate to find out I wasted my money on a program that wont work.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 29, 2012 11:24 PM   in reply to Shardface

What is the size of your catalog?  How many images are in it?

How much free space is on your computer's hard drive?

To where are you attempting to back up the catalog?

Ken

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 1, 2012 10:44 AM   in reply to Shardface

And how much free space is on your hard drive?

Ken

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points