Skip navigation
tulehu
Currently Being Moderated

premiere elements shutting down

Mar 5, 2012 6:38 AM

Tags: #premiere #elements-9

we are using premiere elements 9. the programe shut down when you work with is at any time doing different kind of steps on multiple Mac's. It doesn't matter if you are working 10 minutes or 20 after a while is closses without reporting any problem.

can anyone help me out.

greetings

ronald

ps sorry for my bad english

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 5, 2012 6:44 AM   in reply to tulehu

If you are using Premiere Elements on a network, there are some special things things you need to do.

I'd recommend you contact Adobe Tech Support by clicking the Contact Adobe button at the bottom of this web page.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 5, 2012 6:53 AM   in reply to tulehu

Which version of the operating system are you using?

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format is it?

When you start your Premiere Elements project, which project settings are you selecting? If you're selecting the correct project settings, there will be no red lines above the clips when you add them to your timeline. Is that what is happening in your projects?

Do you render your timelines whenever you see red lines above the clips?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 5, 2012 7:23 AM   in reply to tulehu

First, we highly recommend against using two such different formats in the same project. It almost always leads to problems.

Second, your project settings are incorrect for BOTH formats.

I could find no specs on the SDR SW2, so I don't know what format, resolution and codec it uses for its video. MOD files are usually standard definition 720x480 (720x576 PAL), but without knowing, I can't advise you on the project settings.

The HDC SD60 is an AVCHD camcorder. To edit this video, your project should be set up for AVCHD 1920x1080.

In any event, these two video formats should NOT be used in the same project together. And, as I explain in my books as well ias well as in my Basic Training tutorials, matching your project settings to your source video is VITAL to a successful video editing experience.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/537685

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 5, 2012 8:03 AM   in reply to tulehu

This is because your project settings do not match your video.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 5, 2012 10:38 PM   in reply to tulehu

Even if you are using different clips on different project settings which is although not advisable, it should NOT crash.

Also, I couldn't figure out what would be causing the issue, but I would suggest you to have enough empty space on your HardDisk.

And, there was an update for Adobe Premiere Elements 9. Maybe, that will help.

The update can be found here

Hope it helps,

Aniks

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 6, 2012 3:14 AM   in reply to tulehu

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4930

This is the link you are supposed to follow.

Also, I was wondering if you launched your app, was it from a standard user?

Thanks,

Aniks

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 6, 2012 3:15 AM   in reply to tulehu

Also, if it still doesn't solve your issue, you may want to contact Adobe Support.

They may help you.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 6, 2012 3:21 AM   in reply to tulehu

Yes, then the update 9.0.1 was aimed to avoid this crash. Just download that update and follow the instruction. This must fix your problem.

Thanks,

Aniks

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points