Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Including files/resources using the ADT command line

Feb 27, 2012 5:36 PM

Tags: #files #resources #adt #-c #-e

Hi all,

I'm trying to get file support into my ADT helper tool before I release an update.  I am still having problems.

According to the Adobe docs on the subject, the following commands can be used:

-C "path/to/new/working/directory" [files and folders to include]
-e [files and folders to include] [package directory to add these to]

The following example works fine for me:

// This changes the working directory to my audio resources folder, and then packages the file 'track.mp3' into the root folder of my application package.
-C "C:\\resources\audio" "track.mp3" 

Hoiwever using -e option in any way generates an error:

// This copies the file 'sfx.mp3' from the current working directory to the application package subdirectory 'lib'
-e sfx.mp3 lib

This also causes an error:

// Change the working directory to resources/audio and then copy the file called 'sfx.mp3' to the 'lib' subfolder of the application package. Error.
-C "C:\\resources\audio" -e sfx.mp3 lib

The error in both cases is:

File does not exist: sfx.mp3

Any ideas how I can use the -e option?  Does the working directory not come in to it - do i always have to use an absolute path to my file?

Thanks in advance,

Peter

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 4, 2012 3:16 PM   in reply to Pea

Not sure if it will help in your situation, but I just include files by adding the filepath at the end of my adt command line (no -e or -c). Eg (included files or bolded):

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java" -jar C:\Users\t.randall\Documents\AIRSDK\AIR_3.0\lib\adt.jar -package -target ipa-ad-hoc -storetype pkcs12 -keystore ..\..\Deployment\CareerBox.p12 -storepass pass -provisioning-profile ..\..\Deployment\CareerBox.mobileprovision ..\..\CareerBox.ipa CareerBox_iPhone-app.xml CareerBox_iPhone.swf AppIconsForPublish\Icon29x.png AppIconsForPublish\Icon57x.png AppIconsForPublish\Icon@2x.png AppIconsForPublish\Icon512x.png AppIconsForPublish\Icon48x.png AppIconsForPublish\Icon72x.png Default.png Default@2x.png Default-Landscape~ipad.png Data\Cards.xml Data\CareerCards.xml

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 5, 2012 8:41 AM   in reply to timothyrandall

It's a bit easier to stick all your files in a folder and read them out of it.. At the end of the adt command line (before any native extensions -extensionDir) is where you specify files to include. I typically make one folder and include that just by typing the name of it. The only PITA is yes, all those app icon and default startup screen filenames.

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2012 9:29 AM   in reply to Pea

I found this page useful in working out how to package entire folders: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/air/build/WS901d38e593cd1bac1e63e3d128cdca 935b-8000.html

You don't have to use -e at all. In fact I think -e is just for individual files.

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2012 9:35 AM   in reply to Pea

Do not use 'Resources' folder. It's will not work on iOS. You can use 'Resource' but not 'Resources'

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points