Excuise the frustration, but the cycle and attempt to get simple help here is almost impossable.
My three questions I think are simple...but I can't find the support to get the answers. The questions are:
1. I’m using Windows 7 professional it’s 64 bit…do I need to install the 32 bit CS5 as well?
2. I downloaded from the web CS5 do I need to keep in my computer the 1.69 Gig folder “Adobe CS5.1” which contains Photoshop CS5.1 Read Me and Adobe CS5.1, which has the exe file on it… or can I put it on a DVD? Would I have to do anything special to reinstall (if I ever needed to) with the DVD?
3. Now that everything is downloaded and installed do I need to keep Akamai_NetSession_Installer in my computer or may I uninstall and delete it?
Now that I've asked the question I have no instruction, or idea of where I go to get an answer if one is ever posted. This appears to me to be a very poor way to run a business...
This forum is for CS Review so the beginning of an answer to your question lies at http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop. Check which platform you are on. There you should get some answers. Sorry cannot help you- I'm on Mac.
Thank You Katharine, the information you sent me to is the information I had before I downloaded and installed the program. Is there another 'place' I should have posted my question? Is there an Adobe phone number (with free service) I should call for the answers?
I will contact a friend who is on PC and a programer and hopefully can get an answer for you. Will get back to you one way or another! Sorry you are having this prob.- I do know the frustration when questions are not addressed.
1. You do not need to install the 32-bit version.
2. The Photoshop installer you downloaded is what is on the DVD. There should be no special steps if you ever needed to reinstalld with the DVD, it would be like the install you just did.
3. You may uninstall and delete the Akamai_NetSession_Installer.
Europe, Middle East and Africa