Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Design Premium cs 6 upgrade

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2012 Mar 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My family recently purchased the education version for me of cs5.5 design premium.  While asking a question in the forums here someone advised that cs6 is coming out soon and to hold off on purchasing.  Unfortunately I did not know they were buying it for me lol They had me download the demo and then got it for me while I was evaluating it lol 

I have tried to find the upgrade cost but was unable to find a solid answer.  Based on previous version like cs4 to cs5 what would an upgrade license cost for a student version?

Also I have searched both Adobe and Google and while I see a few references here and there to a certain tool or enhanced feature, I haven't been able to find a good comparison between the two.  I am just taking photography in my last year of High School and I know less than little about how to use PS, I doubt I will ever use all of what's in the 5.5 version lol  Are there any differences between 5.5 and 6 that will just totally blow me away and be worth spending whatever the upgrade cost will be?

Thank you for your time,

Jordyn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 03, 2012 Mar 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no upgrades for educational versions. You simply buy a new version with a full new license when it comes out or buy the commercial upgrade. The rest is beside the point - what do you expect your teachers to teach you that would require CS6, when they haven't used it themselves yet because it isn't available?

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2012 Mar 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mylenium,

your answer is ambiguous: is there really no upgrade option for educational versions, or can we just buy the commercial upgrade and apply that to our educational version?

Greetings,

Chh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can buy of course a commercial upgrade and apply it to your edu package. There are just no further discounted edu upgrades.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow, quick answer. I was just about to edit my post and point it here and here, which would have answered my question as well.

However, thanks for your additional affirmation!

Chh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines