Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Form reload using previous button (with MSIE)

Feb 22, 2012 4:14 AM

Tags: #embed #msie

Hello --

== Scenario

- just created a simple form composed of five pages (1/5, 2/5 ... 5/5)

- copied from Distribute Embed code

- pasted in a simple HTML page served by IIS WebServer (HTML vanilla here; only code embedded)

== Behaviour with Firefox browser

- when form is loaded I'm able to fill, and to use Previous / Next buttons, WITHOUT any troubles

- if I'm on the last page, I can move back to the first page and nothing happen (all data/selection are maintained)

- no missing data moving back and forth

== Behaviour with MS IE browser

- when form is loaded I'm able to fill, and to use Next buttons, WITHOUT any troubles

- when I TRY to use Previous button (e.g. from page 3/5 back to 2/5) for an instant I'm able to view all data of page 2/5 but, after a second, entire page is reloaded and obviously all data are missing, and form is repositioned on page 1/5

I have tried wih many different version of iE and behaviour is the same. Absolutely no troubles with Firefox.

Obviously I havent absolutely any troubles using MSIE directly on AdobeCentral URL.

Troubles are created only with embedded code copy/pasted from distribute.

Any suggest?

Alex/

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 28, 2012 7:53 AM   in reply to gobbo67

Hi,

Sorry for the slow response.  We've verified the behavior you are seeing. This is a bug, and we'll try to fix it as soon as possible.  Sorry we do not have any workarounds at this time.

Thanks,

Todd

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2012 9:34 AM   in reply to gobbo67

Hi,

I'm trying to get this fixed for our April release.

Currently we do not have a public bug database, so there's no way for you to be automatically notified when we fix a bug.  For this issue, we'll try to update this thread when we've fixed the bug to let you know.

Thanks,

Todd

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 8:52 AM   in reply to gobbo67

Hi,

Thanks for following up on this. I definetely forgot to update the thread about the status of this.  I'm fairly certain we've fixed the issue in our next release, due out on the 19th.  The cause is a bug in IE (and a few other browser versions), in our attempts to support *browser back/forward buttons* as an additional way to navigate the pages in a form (that's in addition to the form next/prev buttons).  To fix, we've disabled support for browser back/forward browser buttons, in the embeded form usage, for all browsers, and just support the form's next/previous buttons.

Thanks,

Todd

|
    Mark as:
    May 23, 2012 5:45 PM   in reply to gobbo67

Yes, this fix has been released.  If you are still seeing issues, please let us know.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points