Skip navigation
misswoz
Currently Being Moderated

I'm using images from a vacation that I took but in Premiere they are blurry.

Mar 6, 2012 7:00 AM

I have changed the playback quality to "highest" and I'm using images that are over 720px x 480px which is what is suggested in a Premiere Elements book I have.  I'm trying to make a "video" using still images.

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 6, 2012 7:56 AM   in reply to misswoz

Have you rendered your timeline (press Enter)?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2012 6:32 AM   in reply to misswoz

What is the Project Preset that you have chosen, at New Project? The Frame Size is important there.

What are the pixel x pixel dimensions of your Still Images? You state larger than 720 x 480. How much larger?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2012 6:46 AM   in reply to misswoz

Are you working with a combination of Video and Still Images, or JUST Still Images?

If the latter, how do you intend to deliver the finished file?

For Scaling of Still Images, prior to Import, see this ARTICLE. Note: it was written, initially, when SD was the most common, so the Image sizes are listed as 720 x 480 for NTSC. With HD Project, the pixel x pixel sizes WILL be larger, but should still be very close to the Project, say 1920 x 1080 for full-HD. There is discussion on why the quality will be better, if one does the Scaling in Photoshop, or Photoshop Elements, and there are instructions on how to batch Scale an entire folder, with those two Image-editing program. Note: Render really only affects playback, where Scaling in PS/PSE will affect final output.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2012 6:48 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Why have you not resized your images to 1000x750 pixels in size, per our recommendations?

And how are you judging the quality of the pictures? On the preview monitor? Outputting your video and watching it on player software? Burning a DVD and watching it on TV? It makes a difference.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2012 7:57 AM   in reply to misswoz

What resolution of Windows Media Video are you outputting? WMVs can be as small as 360x240 -- which are definitely going to look fuzzy.

In fact, even a 640x480 file is going to look fuzzy if you're playing it at full screen, since your computer monitor is more likely at least 1280x1080, over four times the resolution of the video!

Rather than a WMV file, try outputting a video based on these specs. It should look much better.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/623549?tstart=0

Scanned photos will make good sources for video, of course. Just make sure the photos are no larger than 1000x750 pixels in size.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points