Skip navigation
Cameron.Jacobs
Currently Being Moderated

Flash Socket Policy File

Mar 5, 2012 2:40 PM

Tags: #flash #socket #policy #web_socket #websocket

Hello - just installed CF10 on Fedora 16 using Apache.  And am trying to run some websocket code, and it seems to work great as a websocket on Chrome and Firefox.  However on IE8 it does not seem to fail over to Flash.

I receive a console message:

[WebSocket] cannot connect to Web Socket server at ws://192.168.1.5:8585/cfusion/cfusion (SecurityError) make sure the server is running and Flash socket policy file is correctly placed

I have double checked that Start Flash Policy Server is enabled and I have disabled all firewalls on this machine.

As a fix attempt, I tried to copy "/opt/coldfusion10/cfusion/wwwroot/crossdomain.xml" to my site root "/data/site/".  But none of that has seemed to change anything.

Does anyone have any ideas for me to try or ran across this problem?  I haven't seen any complaints about WebSocket's Flash fallback, so I can only assume that it works, but it's just my installation that is having difficulty.

Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 6, 2012 1:22 AM   in reply to Cameron.Jacobs

Hi Jacobs,

Is this issue happening only on Fedora as we don't suooprt it and haven't tested on that. Can you please try it on any other supported OS.

We have tested it on IE8 and it worked for us. Also can you enable debug for websocket and provide us the cfusion.log.(Mail me ksaini@adobe.com)

To enable debugging:

Go to: {cf_home}/lib/neo-websocket.xml  , , set logging level to debug and restart CF server

After running the same testcase you will see debug entries on console.

Thanks

Kunal Saini

Adobe ColdFusion Team

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 30, 2012 10:53 PM   in reply to Cameron.Jacobs

Yes we support Ubuntu and I will test on this config again. One more thing can you confirm Jacobs? Try to access websockets without Apache i.e access websocket with inbuilt webserver.

Also are you running as root user as flash port 843 won't work otherwise?

Thanks

Kunal

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 10:31 PM   in reply to Cameron.Jacobs

Hi Jacobs,

You can definately re-enable the internal port without re-instaling the CF. There are two cases:

1. If you have configured Apache after installing CF(via wsconfig) then no need to do anything ,you can directly access port(8500/8501/) and access webroot.

2. If you have configures Apache at the time of installation then, {cf_home}/runtime/conf/server.xml and make sure this code is uncommented:

<Connector executor="tomcatThreadPool" maxThreads="50"

port="8500" protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol"

connectionTimeout="20000"

redirectPort="8445" />

and restart CF.

Also one more thing can you check if flash socket port 843 is enabled(netstat). BTW in the latest intermediate build we have changed this port to 1243.

Thanks

Kunal

|
    Mark as:
    Calculating status...
    May 16, 2012 3:46 PM   in reply to Cameron.Jacobs

I was banging my head against the wall with the same issue being described. My problem ended up being solved by opening the "Flash policy port" (can be found in neo-websockets.xml) in the firewall. My default port was 1243 (I also have 843 opened up as well). After opening up that all flash fallback support has been working in IE8 . Hope this helps someone else.

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2012 10:54 AM   in reply to Cameron.Jacobs

Hi Jacobs,

This entry has been added after the intermediate build. Just try with the released CF10.  Just open the given port in firewall. Let me know if it helps.

Thanks

Kunal

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points