• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Invoking Photoshop CS5 from Lightroom 4 asks for Camera Raw Plug-in 7.0

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2012 Mar 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just downloaded and installed Adobe Lightroom 4.0. When I try to invoke "Photo / Edit in Photoshop CS 5.1" I get the warning "This version of Lightroom may require the Photoshop Camera Raw plug-in version 7.0 for full compatibility. Please update the camera raw plug-in using the update tool available in the Photoshop help menu". However, the update function in Photoshop CS5.1 says that there are no updates available and searching adobe.com I can find no references to Camera Raw plug-in 7.0. What is one to do? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Mar 07, 2012 Mar 07, 2012

Everyone acts like this is some big deal.  Just select render using Lightroom and don't show this dialog anymore.  Doesn't that fix the problem?  When you upgrade to CS6 you won't have this problem, it's always been this way. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is one to do?

Nothing. You are using Beta software. These issues are to be expected. The camera RAW engine has been completely rewritten for LR4 and will also be included in CS6 products, but until then things are just as they are. I'm sure this is also mentioned on the LR4 Labs pages somewhere.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, both the Lightroom 4.0 and CS5.1 products are production / generally available software. LR4 went GA today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2012 Mar 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the recond in response to Mylenium above,

The LR4 I am using is not Beta.

I paid for the upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having the same problem. Just purchased the production version of LR4 and it is telling me to upgrade to Camera Raw 7. Talked to support and they told me to use camera raw 6.6. Didn't solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've purchased LR4 and converted my catalog.  Invoking Photoshop CS5 through CMD E requires Camera Raw 7.0, The lastet available 6.6 version doesn't work. 

When I upgraded to LR 3 this same problem occured, at least then Adobe had the answer of downloading the beta version of the appropriate Camera RAW at the time.  This worked until it the release version came out, so what do we do this time, surely we don't have to wait for CS6?  Hard to imaging they'd repeat the same problem as the last major release of Lightroom. 

So what is the answer I ask as I sit here waiting on hold for Technical Support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After chatting with support for the past hour I finally got this reply from them: "this is a bug with Lightroom 4, and we have a report for this, I would like to escalate this case to next level to do further research." Hopefully this won't take long to resolve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for adding follow up.  I too was on with support.  They put me on hold for 10 minutes and then disconnected the call and haven't called back.  Not stellar service.  Glad to hear they at least know they have a problem.  Though again, its the identical problem they had when they released LR 3, seems like they would have learned from the last time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, what file formats are you opening when you get this message? If not a camera file, what option are you choosing in the Edit in dialog box?

Second, you can download and install the release candidate version of Camera Raw 6.7 from Adobe Labs (labs.adobe.com) to get camera parity with Lightroom 4, and hopefully not get the message. If anyone has issues with this, please respond to this post.

thanks!

Tina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Tina.

I am shotting RAW on a Nikon D3. I will download and install ACR 6.7 later today.

Thanks again.

Roland.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just as I did in LR 3.  Shooting .nef RAW from Nikon DS3, converting to .dng file when uploading.  In this case using existing images that were converted by the LR 4 install program from my existing LR 3 catalog (to create a catalog for LR 4).  I am invoking CMD E in Lightroom, just as I did in LR 3, which should open the same image I'm working on in Photoshop.  I have Photoshop CS5, the Camera RAW version is 6.6.  LR 4 gives the error message "This version of Lightroom requires the Photoshop Camera Raw plug-in version 7.0 for full compatability.

As I noted, this is the same problem I had when I upgraded a few years ago to LR 3.

I will try upgrading to RAW 6.7.  I could not find any messages or notes to do this or find this download until this message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tina,

I have downloaded and installed ACR 6.7 from labs.adobe.com. LR4 still asks for CR 7.0 when launching PS to edit an image from within LR.

Thanks.

Roland.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded and installed ACR 6.7  This does not correct the problem - the same error message appears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a call back from Technical Support - I was disconnected mid-call - for the second time today!  What the heck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get a case number from support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have called - and waited on hold - for support twice today.  In both cases I gave them my email address and phone number in case we were disconnected.  In both cases they disconnected me without any resolution and before giving me a case number.  In neither case did they call me back.  I'm not impressed with Adobe, either for this release or for your customer support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks everyone for your help. working...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello it works by cliking render using Lightroom,I believe it is using Lightroom 4's Camera Raw.Give it a try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom doesn't use Camera Raw, but when you use Photoshop with Lightroom, you are notified if the version of Camera Raw you have installed is not the comparable version of Lightroom you are using. The version of Camera Raw that gives you the same camera support as Lightroom 4 is ACR 6.7, which is in Release Candidate status on Adobe Labs.

When you choose to Edit In Photoshop, this warning will appear. If you install ACR 6.7, it should stop displaying. Some people have found that it doesn't, and we're looking into this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, I have installed ACR 6.7. It had no impact on the warning message as I described in my earlier posts.  The problem is still there.  I still not have not been called back from either of my disconnected calls to technical support, and I'm still amazed this is the identical problem I had when I upgraded to Lightroom 3 when it was first released.  The issue is not one of which camera's are supported - Nikon has always been supported by both Lightroom and ACR (and come on, they are both the same engine whatever you call them.  ACR in the CS6 beta lays out identiccal to LR 4 just as CS5 and LR 3 were essentially identical with a few variations on shades of gray and slider names).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me make sure I understand the issue. After you get the warning message, and you have ACR 6.7 installed, you DO have access to all the cameras, etc., in Photoshop that you have in Lightroom 4 - is that correct?

I realize the warning is annoying, but if I suspect that's the only real issue here - am I wrong?

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the warning is not the issue.  "supported cameras" are not the problem.

I do initial processing on my images in LR, then using CMD E push them to Photoshop for further detailed editing as well as using the NIK Software selective tool while in Photoshop.  I then Save/Close in Photoshop to send the image back to LR, in other words they are all tied together for processing an image. 

When entering CMD E with LR 4 the error message says "7.0 may be required for full compatability."  Should I ignore that warning and click "Open Anyway" because there really aren't any compatibility issues?  It was my experience in the LR 2 to LR 3 upgrade there were such issues.

So how about a clear answer:  Just click "Open Anyway" on the error message and everything will work great?  When I first open an image in LR4, further edit in Photoshop CS5 with ACR 6.7 installed, Save and Close the image in Photoshop sending it back to LR 4 it will all work exactly as it did yesterday when I did that using LR 3, without error messages, loss of functionality, and no compatibility problems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the warning is not the issue. As I've said, "supported cameras" are not the problem.

I do initial processing on my images, then using Lightroom CMD E push them to Photoshop for further editing. The message says "7.0 may be required for full compatibility" should I ignore that warning and click "Open Anyway" because there really aren't any compatibility issues?

LR 4 Develop module is much different than LR 3, just as CS5 version of ACR is different than what I've seen in the CS6 beta. My assumption is there would be compatibility issues - as the warning says - when using LR4's develop engine then passing it on to CS5. I don't use ACR in Photoshop since I use Lightroom, I use Photoshop for detailed image editing in conjunction with the Nik Software selective tool run as a window within Photoshop.

So how about a clear answer: Just click "Open Anyway" and everything will work great? When I first work on an image in LR4, then further edit it in Photoshop CS5 with ACR 6.7 installed, Save and Close the image in Photoshop sending it back to Lightroom it will all work just like yesterday when I did all that in Lightroom 3 without any error messages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue - edit in Photoshop renders the dialogue about ACR 7. I have PsCs5 and have upgrade ACR to the latest 6.7 rc. I hestitate to edit in Ps unless I am sure that my Lr4 settings will be preserved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2012 Mar 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem....I updated ACR to 6.7 and it's still giving me the error message to download a non-existant version of ACR 7.0 when exporting an image to CS5 for more editing...I tried clicking "Open anyway" and the image doesn't render properly in CS5 it renders without the LR4 settings.  They definately have a compatibility issue....I'm editing Nikon D3s files .NEF....untill they fix it you can process the image in LR4 and then when the error pops up select "render in lighroom" it generates a TIFF (or whatever you have it set to) next to the raw file then you can edit that in CS5....not ideal by any means though, but it does retain LR4 edits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines