Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Internal Error:... vobulator...block planner... line 217 Encore

Mar 6, 2012 1:16 PM

Tags: #error #internal #vobulator #217

I'm putting together a slide show DVD.  There are a total of 7 slide shows containing 480 pictures.  All pictures are jpg's at less than 1MB each.  I have 3 menus for navigation.  Not all of the chapter menu buttons point to a "slide show", some of them point to a picture inside certain slide shows according to my client's requests.  (example, slide show 1 contains 70 pictures. Chapter 1 points to "slide show 1" Chapter 2 points to "slide show 1 photo 50").  All slide shows are linked so that when the first slide show is over, it will automatically "end action" to the next slide show etc...  All my settings are typical.  NTSC 4:3 SD 720X480 progressive.

There are NO video files in my DVD at all.  No timelines at all. No audio at all.  I've read some of the previous posts (one of them is in French for cryin out loud.  Had to use Bing translator and it sounds all weird).  What I can gather is this,

Re: internal software error: .\Vobulator\BlockPlanner\BlockPlanner.cpp, line 217  

I found out it was due to selecting an image file as the video layer

in a menu, causes the error everytime. I just paste the image in with

'edit in photoshop' instead now. But thanks."

Another person said just about the same thing... The only problem is, I have no idea what this means.  I don't know what it means to "select an image file as the video layer in a menu..." 

Hardware/software is as follows:

custom build:

i5 processor (4 core) 2.6ghz

8 GB RAM 1333MHz

300GB C: drive (2X150 GB 10K RPM Raptors)

1.2TB D: drive (2X7,200 RPM 640GB WD's)

Burner is LG Super multi

secondary burner is Sony Commercial Blu-Ray burner

Video card is Saphire Build (Radeon 5450 PCI-E 16X)

Windows 7 X64 Pro

All Adobe is CS5 Production package.

If I'm leaving anything out, please let me know.

HELP!  and Thanks.  I'd really love to fix this without rebuilding the whole DVD.  Take long time.

TEX

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 6, 2012 3:11 PM   in reply to texmant123

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 6, 2012 6:25 PM   in reply to texmant123

What John said. Note that the issue is going to be pixel size more than file size. JPGs less than 1MB does not tell  us enough. This is the most likely cause.

I found out it was due to selecting an image file as the video layer

in a menu, causes the error everytime. I just paste the image in with

'edit in photoshop' instead now. But thanks."

Another person said just about the same thing... The only problem is, I have no idea what this means.  I don't know what it means to "select an image file as the video layer in a menu..."

And if you do figure it out, don't do it! I think they were selecting a still image as a video background for a menu. There is no reason to do that. Use a  correctly sized image, and replace the background layer. But you do not appear to be doing this, so it does not apply.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 6, 2012 7:34 PM   in reply to texmant123

I read (or tried to read) that obnoxiously long forum that "John T Smith" linked but all I gathered is that a person should scale photos down.

First post includes:

"In PS, I have a set of Actions for Video. An Action is like a Script, but less powerful and less involved in the writing. As I have already done all of my image enhancements and additional processing before I did my Copy to the selected folder, I only have to worry about my Action resizing these selected images for use in my Video Project. My Action here is to resize to 720x480 with a PAR of 0.9, and I normally use the Action that does this with a particular resizing algorithm, Bicubic-Smoother (though I also use Bicubic-Sharper on occasion)."

"Actions" in photoshop allow you to put them all in a folderl, specify the output folder, and apply an "action." In this case, the action is to resize as Bill describes.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 6, 2012 7:48 PM   in reply to texmant123

After resizing to a similar size that I'm using now, it worked fine.

I haven't done enough of these to say what will work. But I tend to agree that the size you describe is not "too big." But it is not the right size, in square or SD NTSC par. Could that make a difference?

Some users got errors when one or more slides had problems. Do a save as, delete all but one slideshow, and see if it will build.

You can also try putting the slideshows in a playlist to do a play all. But it should work either way; I don't think that is your problem.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points