Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
Currently Being Moderated

When is disponible Adobe Camrera Raw 6.7 with Olympus E-M5 support?

Mar 5, 2012 9:21 AM

I'm looking forward

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 5, 2012 11:31 PM   in reply to Cocuted

Disponible = Available?

It looks like Lightroom 4 has just been released, so I guess that Camera Raw 6.7 could be out any day now. It's been nearly 3 months since the last update. No one from Adobe will tell you, although we often get a Release Candidate to play with beforehand (not so far this time).

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 5, 2012 11:41 PM   in reply to Yammer

I stand corrected. There is apparently a release candidate available. How did I miss that?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 6, 2012 5:15 AM   in reply to Cocuted

Correct, the 6.7 RC just became available today.  The RC does not support the E-M5.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2012 7:58 AM   in reply to Cocuted

Unfortunately, I can't answer that directly.  There's always a chance for the next dot release.  (We do dot releases ~4 times a year.)

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 12, 2012 4:12 PM   in reply to Cocuted

A guess would be some sort of prioritization, based on difficulty and number of users affected, where easy cameras with lots of users are done, first, and difficult cameras with less perceived users languish.

Your best answer came from MadManChan2000, an Adobe engineer, who said he cannot comment, directly, but perhaps in the next dot release, which means Adobe hasn’t decided not to do it, at least, but otherwise cannot say publically.  Occasionally Eric has said, “Yes, in the next release” so his more tentative answer suggests support for the camera has not been finalized, yet, and there are only a finite number of resources working on things, and they have higher-priority tasks.

What the next dot-release means is still also uncertain, and could mean 6.7 final or 7.1 for CS6, assuming ACR 7.0 will only support the cameras LR4.0 does.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 13, 2012 1:37 PM   in reply to Cocuted

> i will use other software forever.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tantrum

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 14, 2012 2:16 AM   in reply to Cocuted

Cocuted wrote:

Thanks all for answer,

i wait to version 6.7 RC2

There usually isn't an RC2, but they sometimes add more camera support in the official release.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 14, 2012 9:16 PM   in reply to Cocuted

ACR 6.7 would correspond to a LR 3.7.   Since LR4 is already out, perhaps it would be LR 4.1.

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,528 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Mar 16, 2012 5:08 PM   in reply to Cocuted

Perhaps to NDA-level beta testers, but all we mere users can get is still RC1:

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/cameraraw6-7.html

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,528 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Mar 17, 2012 9:23 AM   in reply to Cocuted

That's precisely what a "non disclosure agreement" imposes.

Please understand I'm not a beta tester at this time, and I'm not holding anything back from you.  But if others are, they're doing what they're supposed to be doing.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points