Skip navigation
38dgg
Currently Being Moderated

Extending The Music To The End Of A DVD Slide Show

Feb 22, 2012 6:10 PM

Premier Elements 8 -- I have been burning slide show DVD's with music. On my last disc burn, the music quit playing about 6 or 7 slides before the end of the slide show. I have checked and confirm that the length of the last song exceeds the length of the slides. I want tp keep my custom slide durations, rather than automatically sync the time of the entire disc with the music. Can anyone help me with a way to extend the music to the end or tell me why the music cuts off before it should? Thank you.

38dg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 23, 2012 2:48 AM   in reply to 38dgg

Are you saying you previously burnt that same project and the sound length was complete, or is this a new project?

If the duration of the seven slides is not too great a quick workaround is to unlink the audio from the video and stretch the sound - it should be barely noticeable.

Please post a zoomed-in screenshot of the end of the timeline starting from before the sound stops, and showing all the video / audio tracks.

Cheers,

--

Neale

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 23, 2012 7:20 AM   in reply to 38dgg

Welcome to the forum.

Like Neale, I am not exactly sure what you have on your Timeline, but if you could post a screen-cap of the Timeline, especially the area at/near the end, where the Audio is cutting out.

You say:

I have checked and confirm that the length of the last song exceeds the length of the slides.

With Video, you do not want Audio, that does not have Video above it. That will be a gap in Video, and can cause all sorts of issues. If you have an Audio Clip, that is longer, than the Video (Stills in your case), I would add Black Video (created with the New Icon), to cover that, and just add a Dip-to-Black from the Tail of the Video/Still.

Now, to extend the Duration of Audio, you can use Time Stretch, for small changes, but be sure to check Maintain Pitch, and also listen carefully.

Good luck, and let us have a look at that Timeline, please,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2012 3:39 PM   in reply to 38dgg

38dg,

For the screen-caps, see this ARTICLE.

As for "unlinking" Audio from Video, unless someone has performed an action, such as Sharing a SlideShow to an AV file, with Audio, there will not be any unlinking. That is done where one has a muxed (Multiplexed Video & Audio Streams in one file) AV file. Then, one can Unlink from the Toolbar, or probably more easily, by just Alt+clicking on the Audio portion of the Clip, or the Video portion of the Clip, to edit them separately.

When doing SlideShows with a music Track, one tip that might help, should things go wrong, would be to use one of the empty, regular Audio Tracks, rather than the Fixed Audio Track, Soundtrack. Some users have had problems with the Soundtrack Track, and moving the Audio to a regular, non-Fixed Track, solves the issues.

Good luck, and happy editing,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2012 9:49 AM   in reply to 38dgg

For producing and posting the screen-caps, see this: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/592070?tstart=0

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points