• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Education vs of PS - idnentit-e.com not communicating

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2012 Mar 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re "identit-e.com" I have had adobe support discussion re inability to gain serial # even though doc has been sent to this outfit; opened a customer service case# with Adobe, resonded to by Adobe with "send doc by email to  custserv@identit-e.com

I sent the doc... no response. Re-opened the case with Adobe...Ad. sends apologies and tells me to send doc (as if they haven't heard that I did that already per their earlier suggestion.) 

Then the case is "Withdrawn" what does that mean - withdrawn by who? Adobe?

So I sit here without PS (purchased from B&H)...I'm beginning to think as someone suggested elsewhere that this is intentional...not just a technical problem. Come on, how hard is it to send out a serial # once the documentation is seen as legit?

I need help; I need some human being to take this situation and fix. And stop telling me to be patient...:(

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alic1952 when did you submit your proof of eligibility?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you purchased the software from Adobe directly or from the third prty reseller.

And please do tell when did you submit your proof of eligibility? as asked by Jeff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2012 Mar 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I submitted on 2/27/12; on March 3 I got the following from Adobe

Dear alice cook,

Thank you for sending your proof of academic status. We will review the documents you have sent

and will notify you shortly of your approval status.

Thank you,

Adobe Customer Care

I submitted again on March 6... no further response

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you purchased the software from Adobe directly or from the third prty reseller

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW Jeff, if you have a way to pursue this, the Adobe case # is - actually tried to find it but there is an error mess that comes up -

We're sorry, we encountered an error processing your request.

So I guess the case info is lost; I did copy much of the interaction at the time of the online chat with Sharath; it is as follows; (& you can see the case # referred to in it)

Chat InformationWe apologize for the wait due to high traffic to our website. All representatives are currently busy and it is taking longer to help customers currently in queue. Your estimated wait time is 1 minute(s) and 45 second(s) or longer as there are 1 customer(s) in line ahead of you. You might want to try us again later to avoid the longer wait. Thank you for your patience.

Chat InformationYou are now chatting with Sharath.

Sharath: Hello! Welcome to Adobe Customer Service.

Sharath: Hi there.

Sharath: Nice to have you online.

Sharath: How have you been?

A: fine, did you read my note ref case# 207768248?

Sharath: Please allow me a moment while I review your previous case.

A: okeedokee

Sharath: Thank you for staying online, I appreciate your time and patience in this regard.

Sharath: I reviewed your previous case.

Sharath: I understand you are unable to submit the Proof of eligibility(POE) for the Student/teaches edition, am I correct?

A: today trying again, after answering the following ?

Sharath: Thank you for the confirmation.

Sharath: I'll be glad to check and help you with that.

Sharath: May I know from where did you purchased the product?

A: ...after answering the following? FCULTY, staff or student, answered the ? FACULTY, I get the following screen from your validate site Your parent or legal guardian's permission is needed to proceed. We have sent communication regarding this request to the email address you provided for them. Only a parent or legal guardian may finalize completion of this request.

Sharath: Just to confirm, May I know from where did you purchased the product?

A: I am faculty 59 yrs old... B&H Photo, but I have no idea why where I purchased the product has to do with this faulty validation system

Sharath: Thank you, one moment please.

Sharath: Thank you for staying online, I appreciate your time and patience in this regard.

Sharath: I apologize for late responding.

Sharath: In this case, I request you to submit the Proof of eligibility(POE) via email with the product code to this address: custserv@identit-e.com

Sharath: Once you submit the Proof of purchase(POP), our concern department will validate and provide you the serial number via email within 2-3 business days.

A: How will they validate; do they need Faculty ID (any other verification)...what is the POP exactly?

Sharath: I'm sorry, It is Proof of eligibility(POE).

Sharath: Please click here to know the eligibility .

A: Note: Any sensitive information such as pay amounts or social security numbers can be covered or crossed out. "Your proof of eligibility must be a document issued by the institution with your name, school name, and current date.** Types of proof of employment include: Paycheck stub from school Letter on official letterhead from the education entity indicating current employment" .....SO EITHER OF THE ABOVE ITEMS QUALIFY...IS THAT CORRECT? AND I EMAIL WITH ONE OF THESE ITEMS ATTACHED, CORRECT?

Sharath: Yes, you are correct.

A: THANK YOU... WILL YOU BE ADDING THIS INFO TO THE CASE?...I WILL INCLUDE A TRANSCRIPT OF OUR INTERCHANGE WHEN I EMAIL TO custserv@identit-e.com

Sharath: Well, you will get the case number once you end the chat and you can locate the case number in your Adobe account under "My support">"Support portal".

A: HAS THE CASE # CHANGED FROM WHAT WE STARTED WITH?

Sharath: No, you can refer the same case number what you had previously.

Sharath: Is there anything else I can help you with?

A: I THINK THAT IS ALL...YOU HAVE BEEN VERY HELPFUL, THANK YOU

Sharath: You're most welcome. It is great pleasure to assist an understanding person like you.

Sharath: Please feel free to connect back on chat if you have any questions or concerns.

Sharath: Have a great time ahead. Take care!

Sharath: Thank you for contacting Adobe.  We are available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Goodbye!

So you see this issue began (Feb 16) when I tried to do this through your online auto process with the system seeing me as a 13 yr old instead of the "faculty" that I am and said I am. My pay stub is the documentation to that effect.

I was told by Sharath to submit to the email address listed. I did so. Nothing happenend, I re-opened the case and was told again by Adobe to submit; I did so again. This time I received a response that doc was received and is being considered. Nothing happened. I opened this forum issue.

Please make this thing happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alic1952.........

You have purchased the EDU version of the product from a third party reseller then Adobe cannot do anything , it would be Identit-e who will help you.

If identit-e is not responding back to you can go to the link adobe.com/go/edu-validate and there you can have the chat support for identit-e and get this thing sorted out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alic1952 I would recommend reviewing the How do I submit my proof of eligibility to get my serial number section of our Education FAQ.  It will help guide you through the proper path of submitting your eligibility depending on which method you used to obtain your product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK So I take your advice Jeff; read the FAQ, nothing new, put in the product code, put my status - Faculty- birthdate, etc., and this is what the next screen says ... "Your parent or legal guardian's permission is needed to proceed.  We have sent communication regarding this request to the email address you provided for them.  Only a parent or legal guardian may finalize completion of this request."

You see the system is MESSED UP, what next?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2012 Mar 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are located in North America your next step will be to contact Identit-e as Manish previously suggested.  They will need to approve your eligibility before we can release the product to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2012 Mar 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, I contacted them 2 days ago with no response as yet.

Is what you're telling me that Adobe has put a system into the works that is supposed to assist those buying Adobe products implement the functionality of the "paid for" products...

the system doesn't work, but Adobe is either unwilling or unable to do what is nec to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2012 Mar 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alic1952 I re-reviewed your customer record and since the order was not placed with Adobe directly there is not a way for us authorize your order and provide you with a serial number.  Did you receive any type of reference number when submitting your proof of eligibility to Identit-e?

I have also checked the Identit-e website and they state the following within their FAQ.

How do I check on the status of my verification? If you have not received information regarding your eligibility within two business days, please send an email to custserv@identit-E.com inquiring about the status of your verification. - http://www.identit-e.com/defaultstatic/help.htm

Have you sent an additional e-mail to them besides the intial e-mail with your proof of eligibility?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2012 Mar 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok then Identit-e is the party you will be wanting to work with at this point.  Their whole business is around confirming education eligibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To tell me  who I'm supposed to be in contact with when that entity is not responding is simply ADOBE/YOU not doing what is needed to get this solved

I have contacted multiple times; they are doing nothing/not responding!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2012 May 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Veronika Drake
Kundendienst
Identit-E, GmbH

vdrake@identit-e.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines