• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Consolidation-Locked] Lightroom 4 edit in problem

Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2012 Mar 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased Lightroom 4 upgrade, installed it, converted my catalog, and set the preferences for "edit in" another application to Photoshop Elements 9. This works fine in Lightroom 3, but when I try to send aa photo from Lightroom 4 to Elements, nothing happens. No window to select the options, no lau=nch of Elements. Any ideas as to what is wrong? Anybody else having this problem?

Message title was edited by: Brett N

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Mar 06, 2012 Mar 06, 2012

I am having this problem too.  No external editors open using Photo>Edit In.  I'm on OS 10.7.3.

By the way, there is another thread here on this topic:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/971432?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry should have mentioned I'm running on a Mac with OSX Lion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.

Lightromm 4 upgraded from Lightroom 3 on Mac OS 10.7 Lion, and catalog converted.

Export to my external editors does not work.

I use Alien Skin Exposure 4 and Noise Ninja for editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem too.  No external editors open using Photo>Edit In.  I'm on OS 10.7.3.

By the way, there is another thread here on this topic:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/971432?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SAME problem.  With PS CS5...edit in opens the ORIGINAL file...I have to export the tiff then open with PS...???????

Also...flag preferences reset from folder to folder.  Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have ACR 6.7RC installed from labs.adobe.com?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything is up to date...according to the adobe updater...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and that's a RC...so not an official release...meaning HUGE fail from adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 4 installs Adobe Camera Raw 7.0. Are you telling people to back-level ACR?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed 6.7RC and the edit-in works now...though still prompts for 7.0 (what it did before i installed).  flag issue still occuring.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Lightroom 4 has the process engine that will be in ACR 7.x which will likely be issued when Photoshop CS6 ships. LR has the engine builtin and does not use the ACR Plugin that is used by Photoshop.

It is my understanding that ACR 6.7RC has the ability to handle the edits done in LR 4 when you use the edit in function to send a raw file to Photoshop CS5 but it does not have the new user interface to make adjustments using the new Process version 2012.

To me it looks like an interim workaround untill Photoshop CS6 ships, maybe someone from Adobe can clarify.

So to get the ability to process your raw files with the new process engine 2012 you will need to update either LR to version 4 or Photoshop to CS6.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed ACR 6.7RC and verified that Photoshop is using it (CS5.1). However, I still cannot get Lightroom 4 to open images in Photoshop. The "Edit In" function does not work. This is on a Windows 7 64-bit machine. Any other ideas?

Alan

PhotoCitizen.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Think I'm on PS 12.0.4...so not? 5.1?  Either way I'm in the clear so far...with a terrible work around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 07, 2012 Mar 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PROBLEM SOLVED:

I fixed the problem ("Edit in" not working in Lightroom 4 on my Windows 7 machine). Here's what I did:

1. I found this page about a similar problem in LR3, "Edit In Photoshop Command Missing | Photoshop Lightroom."
  2. I followed the instructions under "Solution 2: Recreate the Photoshop.exe application path registry key."
  3. By default, the 64-bit version of Photoshop CS5.1 is installed here (copy and paste this in the Value Field mentioned in step 10): C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5.1 (64 Bit)\photoshop.exe .
  4. I skipped steps 13 through 16 since there was no "Path value" listed for this registry key.

Once I closed the registry editor and re-started Lightroom 4, all of the Edit in options were avaialble and they worked! Yippee!

Alan

PhotoCitizen.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem is slightly different. When I hit cmd E (Mac) to edit in PSCS5 it opens a file that has none of the corrections I made in LR on the RAW file. The workaround is to export the file to a  temp folder on my desktop , edit and resave to  the original folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the issue we are talking about Mark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually the OP says that no external editor opens the file.

For me the file DOES open in LR but also reminds me that I need ACR 7.0. I say "open anyway" and the RAW file opens without any LR corrections.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a test of this possibility - severely underexposed the file in lightroom and opened it in photoshop with "open anyway". I got the underexposed version and so have decided that the lightroom adjustments are present in the file, newly opened in Photoshop. When I'm finished with the Photoshop work I save as a psd and the file pops up in Lr with my adjustments intact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you install ACR 6.7RC the 'edit in' should work.  See above. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish that the update to ACR 6.7RC for Photoshop had solved the problem, but it didn't. Has anyone had any success fixing this problem?

Adobe support is swamped - you can't even do an online chat right now. I hope a lot of people are complaining about this issue so it gets fixed.

Alan

PhotoCitizen.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if there is any chance that a member of the Adobe team will respond here to let us know that they are listening?  It's very frustrating to get no reaction at all.  I also reported this by following the link for bug reporting but haven't had any response there either.  For anyone interested in adding to that, here is the thread:

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lr4_external_editor_failure

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to me that, if you have the ACR 6.7 installed on Photoshop and choose edit in Photoshop, open anyway, the file will open with the Lr changes baked in, just the same as if you had exported to a .tif and then opened in Ps. Save the file in Ps as a .psd and it will pop up in Lr.

Works for me until the new version of Photoshop comes along.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem with my Imac.  Runing Lion 10.7.3 and I have updated all the NIK plugins.  When attempting to edit in:  the software does nothing, not even a blip.   I created a new user account on my computer and tried to add Photoshop Elements 10 as the external editor and that failed as well.   Tried several other editors with no results.

I suspect they have turned off the Edit in feature during the last phase of development and someone forgot to turn it back on.   My conclusions are that it is a problem with Lightroom 4 and not the third party addons as it will not even launch Elements 10, an Adobe product.  I did not remove Lightroom 3 so will continue to use it as I have only converted one catalog.

Hope they get a fix out in the next day or two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just adding to the list. I am having the same problem. Nik complete collection, PSE9 running on iMac with 10.7.3.

HDR Efex Pro works, but that is accessed differently via the Export menu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the same issues as above....?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines