Skip navigation
Mathias17 451 posts
Feb 20, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Do discussions (threads) in this forum ever get elevated to bug reports seen by the Adobe dev's?

Mar 7, 2012 3:02 PM

This forum is a fertile source of user feedback for Adobe. Is there a system in place to create tickets or bug reports or something like that out of issue brought up here? Seems like a good idea.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 7, 2012 3:10 PM   in reply to Mathias17

Mathias,

The long answer is no.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2012 3:24 PM   in reply to Mathias17

User to User forum.

Adobe may read some items here. That's up to the development teams. If the dev team sees something and is interested then it may perhaps get logged, But you should never assume anything on the forums is actually logged anywhere but here.

If you've found a bug, you should log it using the feadback link at the bottom of this (or any) page.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2012 3:28 PM   in reply to Mathias17

there's no automatic or human operated system in place...for some unknown reason Adobe Employees do not visit this forum

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2012 3:35 PM   in reply to CarlosCanto

Sure they do Carlos You just may not see them.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2012 3:41 PM   in reply to [scott w]

oh, I see, they're undercover, they do a great job at it

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2012 3:56 PM   in reply to CarlosCanto

I can't say specifically who visits the forums. But I'd bet my bottom dollar that there are developers who do read. They may not post here like they do in other forums, but I'm cetain they at least read occassionally.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2012 4:20 PM   in reply to [scott w]

that's no good I was better off thinking they just don't show up, rather than knowing they do, read about all the 1000 issues with the program and do nothing about it.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2012 4:31 PM   in reply to Mathias17

Those Adobe guys sneak around behind the scenes in carpet slippers, steal our ideas and very occasionally regurgitate them as their own. But so as not to spook us they only do it very occasionally and surreptitiously, which is why Auntie Illie never gets a proper makeover. She is for the most part left to get obese and middle-aged.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2012 5:14 PM   in reply to Mathias17

Once in a while they will look at a reported issue here and sometimes a suggested feature.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points