Skip navigation
New Orleans Audition User
Currently Being Moderated

How do I get the output of Audition 3.0 to go to my speakers?

Mar 8, 2012 8:08 AM

Tags: #playback #troubleshooting #audition_3.0

I am running Audition 3.0 on a PC with Windows 7 Home Premium.  This may not be the proper place for this question, but I was not able to put it on the Adobe Audition 3.0 and earlier forum.

I am trying to record cassettes into Audition via a Behringer UFO202 USB device.  I plug in the USB and my computer sees it and I can hear via the headphone output that it is playing.  I go to the Windows Recording Mixer and it indicates that a USB audio device is working and I can see it recording into Audition.  However, when I turn on my speakers, nothing comes out.  When I play I-Tunes or sounds off my internet browser, I hear what I play, but I can't hear anything off Audition.

I am also using a HT Omega Sound Card.

I figure it is something that is not checked in some window someplace, but i can't figure out what.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 8, 2012 9:04 AM   in reply to New Orleans Audition User

On the Edit Menu, select Audio Hardware Setup (near the bottom of the list).

On the edit View tab, make sure that the line output that drives your speakers is selected as the Default Output.

The input you are using should be listed as the default input; as recording is apparently working, it probably is!

|
    Mark as:
  • SteveG(AudioMasters)
    5,602 posts
    Oct 26, 2006
    Mar 20, 2012 12:27 PM   in reply to New Orleans Audition User

New Orleans Audition User wrote:

I have been trying to record on Audition 3.0.  When I have the Audition Window up, it records as usual.  However, when I shrink the window or I reduce it to work on something else, it stops recording.  Any help on this would be greatly appreciated too.

That is the 'release ASIO driver in background' check box. Take the check out of it, and Audition will continue to do whatever it's doing when you minimise it.

As for the rest of it, what exactly are your speakers connected to?

|
    Mark as:
  • SteveG(AudioMasters)
    5,602 posts
    Oct 26, 2006
    Mar 20, 2012 2:48 PM   in reply to New Orleans Audition User

Speakers are connected to the audio outputs on the front of my

computer.  The connection is a stereo headphone connection.  I can hear

sound through them for other applications (web browsers etc.) that my

computer is running.

Ah, that's what I thought. The problem with using ASIO is that it can only work with one hardware device at a time, so if you install the ASIO driver for the Behringer, then it's the Behringer that you have to connect an amp and speakers to.

Unless, of course, you use a converter that will connect ASIO-only software (Audition) to the standard windows audio system, using Windows drivers. Guess what? There's a free one that does just this, and it will let you use more than one sound device at a time (albeit with higher latency). It's called ASIO4ALL, and it's dead easy to find with a Google search. If you install it, the chances are that it will see both your Behringer and also the internal sound device in its list of available devices, so you should be able to have it available for replay purposes.

|
    Mark as:
  • SteveG(AudioMasters)
    5,602 posts
    Oct 26, 2006
    Mar 27, 2012 2:28 AM   in reply to New Orleans Audition User

I have one more question:  I used to be able to hear the Behringer

through the Sound Card.  Why would that have changed?

I have no idea at all as to why your system destroyed itself! But if you get it all reinstalled with ASIO4ALL then you should be able to select appropriate inputs and outputs directly from the tracks themselves.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points