Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

library-path for a Module in Flash Builder?

Mar 6, 2012 11:53 AM

Hi,

How to setup the library-path for a Module in Flash Builder please?

I would like to include a SWC file that is only used by a module, in the module. Flash Builder only let me do that for the main application which kind of defeats the purpose of modular applications.

I can do it in Ant of course, but my module is in same project as the main application and if it doesn't find the needed SWC, there are compile errors.

How do you solve this without Ant and with app/modules in same project?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 7, 2012 11:16 PM   in reply to Adnan Doric

There is a separate Flash Builder forum.  I haven’t tried it myself.  I would think the swcs in the library-path shouldn’t matter to the app.  What matters is if you use the classes in the swc in the app.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2012 9:29 AM   in reply to Adnan Doric

Like I said, I don’t use this feature of FB.  A single project with both an app and module in it is supposed to be a single self-contained entity, so I wouldn’t be too surprised that there is only one place to set up swcs.

It sounds like you might want to define the module in a separate project.  There is a way to do that and use the link-report of the application project to optimize the module.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2012 1:33 PM   in reply to Adnan Doric

So again, just putting the module dependencies in the library path for the main app will not weigh down the main app unless the main app uses classes in those libraries.  Are you seeing differently?

Having a module and app in the same project effectively ties them together because in the default configuration the linker will remove all classes from the module that are already in the main app.  There is no way to guarantee re-use of the module in some other application.  Having the single project saves you on having to manage linker dependencies.  It is done for you.  I agree it doesn’t have the flexibility you are looking for, but I’m still not clear you need it in this case.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points