Skip navigation
TP_webnoob
Currently Being Moderated

Design/gallery website - loading external SWF asset on splash page

Mar 8, 2012 10:11 AM

Hello all,

This forum has been such a help with my website, i've found the answers to hundereds of questions but I've hit a bit of a brick wall and I wonder if anyone can help me.

I have recently built a website http://www.intivision.co.uk/ using illustrator/flash/flash catalyst. It's still a work in progress and I'm happy with the gallery pages and general functionality but I'm having major issues with my splash/load screen and a few other niggles.

The animation on the front page is a looping photo gallery i created in flash (as a .SWF) and imported into Catalyst. It is designed to play (and loop) indefinately after 2seconds of loading the title page. Half the time I access the site the animation does not load at all and just shows a blank screen and my logo. It will appear once the page is refreshed. A very bad first impression.

I have a feeling this is because the SWF is externally loading the asset (which is only 350kb). Is there a solution or a way to imbed this animation so the entire project won't 'play' until this intro is loaded?

Thanks - Tom

ps Any other comments would be greatly appreciated

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points