Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Scripts in an action CS5/Mac

Jan 27, 2012 1:17 PM

Tags: #applescript #illustrator_cs5

I have several Applescripts that are loaded into the Script menu. I also have several actions that are easier to use as actions and at least one that cannot be replicated using Applescript. I'd like to consolidate them into just one interface on the Action panel. I've tried to make an action that calls the menu item for a script, but after quitting Illustrator and starting it again, the script is always removed from the action I made.

Any suggestions, or do I log this as a bug?

Or, if anyone has a javascript that can successfully change the document color mode to CMYK that would be fantastic. That function isn't available in Applescript.

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 27, 2012 1:28 PM   in reply to SuperMacGuy

It's been a bug for six versions now and I don't see any urgent action on Adobe's part to correct it. Sorry

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 27, 2012 2:22 PM   in reply to SuperMacGuy

look here for a possible solution

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4094904

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2012 1:05 PM   in reply to SuperMacGuy

Color mode can be changed using an action via the "Insert Menu Item..." command in the panel fly-out menu. An F-Key can be assigned to the Action so it is a single keystroke function.

Or, the Document Color Mode can have a keyboard shortcut assigned to it. That's how I do it. Cmd-Opt-R changes to RGB for me.

Hope this helps.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2012 11:10 AM   in reply to SuperMacGuy

The times I have run into this same problem of the action still running is when it remains highlighted in the Action panel. Have you tried serializing the actions using one for the doc color change and another for a close/save so the second is the highlighted action? Don't know if it will work but it might. Calling doScript won't work in ExtendScript; only AS or VB.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2012 11:24 AM   in reply to Larry G. Schneider

doScript doesn't work when called from the menu, it needs to run "outside" illustrator, in Windows we double click on the *.vbs file to run. On a mac...I don't know.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2012 12:13 PM   in reply to SuperMacGuy

Sorry I wasn't clear. All I was trying to say is that you can quickly change the Documnet Color Mode without using scripts at all.

Assigning an F-Key to an Action, or a keyboard shortcut to a Menu Item, don't require the use of a script to be implemented.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2012 12:25 PM   in reply to Mike Sofa

Hi Mike, yes that is possible, the OP wanted to incorporate that into a script, probably to do something else afterwards.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 13, 2014 9:00 PM   in reply to SuperMacGuy

Would you please explain your workaround in more detail?  How do you do GUI scripting? --thanks, Chris

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points