Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Problems with print settings

Mar 8, 2012 11:20 AM

Hello every one,

I am looking to print a file from photoshop cs5 and want to scale my media without resizing my image. I've made sure the scale to fit media is not checked but everytime I've attempted to change the media  size the image changes with it. Also how do I unlink the scale, height, width options? Here is the a screen shot of my situationScreen shot 2012-03-08 at 12.10.46 PM.png any advice?

Replies
  • Noel Carboni
    23,514 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 8, 2012 1:44 PM   in reply to CoGordo4

It might have been clearer if you'd shown the whole dialog...

What are you really trying to accomplish?  Your attempt to "change the media size" confuses me.

Bottom line is this:  If you set the image size via the Image - Image Size dialog, then that's how big it will print (assuming it all fits and you haven't checked the Scale to Fit Media box and have set the scale factor to 100%).

It's inside the printer driver settings (available via the [Print Settings...] button) where you set the paper size.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 8, 2012 2:08 PM   in reply to Noel Carboni

As Noel said it would be more helpful to see the entire dialog box. Also what printer are you using? The dialog boxes change in photoshop based on the different manufacturer printer driver. So it's hard to give advise.

Sounds like you  have a small document say, 4"x5" and you want to print it centered ( I presume ) on a 8.5x11 sheet of paper.

Again, as Noel said, you would pick the paper size in your printers print dialog box. The document should not change size.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2012 2:18 PM   in reply to CoGordo4

you probably mean File> Print

i don't have any trouble selecting the text there, but not sure what happens when i change it

Picture 1.png

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2012 2:23 PM   in reply to gator soup

< , but not sure what happens when i change it >

It will change the size of the image that is printed on the paper. But the paper size selected stays the same.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2012 11:11 AM   in reply to CoGordo4

In the original posting above, CoGordo4 asks how to UNLINK the scale, height and width options in that print window. I'd also like to know if that is possible. I don't always want my piece to scale proportionally. Thanks.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points