Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Bug in PDF pinch and zoom?

Jan 24, 2012 3:28 PM

Hi, I have a big problem related the PDF pinch and zoom.

When I try to make an article with 2 vertical pages each containing one imported PDF and 1 horizontal page contain two imported PDF, the result is a simple jpeg page with no pinch and zoom.

The strange thing is that if in the same article I add more vertical and horizontal pages, the pinch and zoom works!

I use the latest version of Folio builder and Folio Producer and, off course, I follow the normal steps: I choose PDF when I create an article, I use iPad and not Android and the PDF zooming is enabled in Viewer Builder.

I need to have 2 vertical pages and 1 horizontal to adapt an a paper magazine (I know the DPS has not been made for this but my publisher want to publish all our magazine with this platform, we also have a magazine specifically designed for the DPS ). My "idea" is create a stack every two pages to allow rotation between pages remaining on the same pages and enable the horizontaly flow between "articles" but if the pdf are transformed in jpeg I can't proceed...

It's a bug or I missed some step?

Thanks in advance for your answers

Claudio (from Italy, sorry for my english!)

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Calculating status...
    Jan 24, 2012 4:14 PM   in reply to Siduno

I want to chime in on this. I cannot completly understand what you are

seeing, but I saw similar behaviour, too.

On some pages it works, some not. In most cases the articles where

pinch-zooming is not working are one-page-articles. also on smooth

scrolling.

Is this a known bug?

—Johannes

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 25, 2012 4:44 PM   in reply to Johannes Eckert

I have the same problem. No pinch and zoom on single page articles.

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,651 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Jan 25, 2012 5:01 PM   in reply to ArcInteractive

I'll take a look at this example when I get a chance, but I can get single-page PDF pinch and zoom to work just fine. There is an example of this in the Effect folio of the DPS Tips app (recently updated).

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,651 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Jan 25, 2012 5:33 PM   in reply to Bob Bringhurst

I looked quickly at the files, and I don't think this is a matter of single-page vs. multiple pages. You're comparing apples and oranges. If you delete pages in your multi-page PDF stack that's working, it will pinch and zoom just fine. Your single page has a placed PDF image that's larger than the page. I'm not sure if that's the problem, but that's what I would look at. Try scaling it down. Let me know if you have any luck. If it still fails, let me know, and I'll look more closely at the files tomorrow.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 29, 2012 11:11 PM   in reply to Siduno

Hi,

Can you try the sample that I've uploaded for you at: http://db.tt/tWd65hPt (Temporary Dropbox link)

• Create a new folio, and set default image format to PDF
    • Import Multiple articles and click the folder containing "1, 2 and 3"
    • It should create 3 articles and set the properties

This results in a folio where you have 1 page horizontal (containing 2-up two pdf pages) and 2 pages in the vertical article, next two each other with 'Horizontal swipe'

Klaasjan Tukker

Adobe Systems

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2012 2:08 PM   in reply to Siduno

I hqve also a problem with the Pinch and Zoom

In some pages of my Folio (import as PDF) I am simply blocked and I cannot navigate/swipe to the other articles or the pages below

I happen in to cover of stack (one with mpg4 video playing with MSO behind) and in one cover stack with just a jpg, text and one MSO

Did somebody have the same problem ?

As soon as I re import my folio into Automatique format, the problem disappear

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 27, 2012 7:36 AM   in reply to minia92

up

Did nobody is using the pinch/zoom in page with MP4 video ??

Those page are not "swippable" anymore, just block on the current page, even the menu bar doesn't appear

Any idea ?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 28, 2012 3:48 AM   in reply to minia92

Up again

any answer?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 9, 2012 2:56 AM   in reply to Siduno

I think there might be a bug here.

I've successfully created a pinch zoom folio using the sidecar.zip files posted by Klaasjan.

However if I import my own article (_h and _v both set to iPad dimensions and containing a simple text field of text).

If the article format is set to PDF, once created and I view the Properties panel, the Smooth Scrolling option is set to Horizintal only and greyed out so it cannot be changed. So no pinch/zoom is available.

If the article format is set to Automatic, once created and I view the Properties panel, I can set the Smooth Scrolling property to Off (Snap to page) and tick the Horizintal Swipe Only checkbox (so I'm matching the setting of the sidecar examples).

However, when I the Update the article to the Folio Producer and then check the article Properties again, the Smooth Scrolling has reverted to Horizontal Only. So again, no pinch zoom.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points