Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Lr4 not importing raw (RW2)

Mar 8, 2012 8:03 AM

Tags: #raw #import #lr4 #rw2

I've upgraded from Lr3, which was configured for importing raw & jpg, and keeping them independent.  I've installed Lr4, and imported/upgraded that Lr3 library, but the Lr4 import ignores the raw files.  I don't know if it's because it cannot read the Panasonic G3 raw format (RW2), or if I've configured something wrong, or if it's a bug(?)  Please advise ...

Edit:  I was successful with importing the raw files to the same location with Lr3, and Lr4 does sync these RW2 files, so it's not a problem with reading the raw data ... but seemingly something to do with configuring the import ... but I cannot find where to enable importing the raw.  Lr4 was/is configured for enabling "Treat JPEG next to raw files as separate photos".

Mac OS 10.7

TIA & Cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula 

Message was edited for clarification by: rarewolf

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 8, 2012 8:35 AM   in reply to rarewolf

Could you verify your settings:  LR4: Edit / Preferences / General / Import Options:  Treat JPEG files next to raw files as separate photos.  This should be enabled to have it function the same as LR3, then report back.  You also might try importing a RW2 file that does not have a corresponding JPG next to it and see what happens.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2012 10:21 AM   in reply to rarewolf

Do you have a global filter that is restricting RW2 files from being viewed?  File Type is one of the Metadata filter possibilities so it could be set.  Try importing a NEW RW2 w/o a JPG and see what happens.  Also, try importing from your internal hard-drive, to narrow down if the source is part of the issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 9, 2012 7:10 AM   in reply to rarewolf

LR4 may be using different system functions to read USB devices which might make things different if something isn’t quite right, somewhere.  Can you change the USB-port you import from or change the drive-letter you import from?  (I am replying by E-mail so don’t see your previous posts to remember if you’re on Windows or a Mac.)

Is your diagnosis that LR4 imports the RW2s as hidden when you use the reader but imports the RW2s as visible when using your hard-drive, or do the RW2s not get imported when importing from a USB-attached device?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 11, 2012 12:31 PM   in reply to rarewolf

The Adobe Feedback site is the place to report bugs with Lightroom and most Adobe products.

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

I would make the subject a little more precise by mentioning it is when importing from a MBA’s card-reader.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points