• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to exit in v5.5 ?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2012 Mar 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a search both in the forum and through Google. Though several people have asked similar questions, most are using an LMS.

I'm trying to close out a window in v5.5.

In the past (v5) I added a button that executed a javascript using the javascript:window.close() command. As many have noted, this command no longer works in v5.5. The same goes for top.window.close() ;

Has anyone come up with a method to close a window using a button in v5.5?  

My course will be distributed on CDs (not offered through an LMS or a remote server). Users will likely view the course through a variety of browsers (IE, Chrome, Firefox, etc...).

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 09, 2012 Mar 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since you're running the swf from a CD drive through a browser, the JS solution won't work for security reasons.  What happens when you publish to .exe or .app?

If you're really bent on CD distribution and displaying via a browser, you may want to consider a product like Server2Go that will turn the CD drive into a web server so that the JS will execute properly.

Jim Leichliter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources