Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Help required in accessing a file on shared path

Mar 1, 2012 5:18 PM

Hi,

I am trying to access a file present in a shared location using a custom component. When i run my Java code the file is accessible. But when i deploy the same code on livecycle as a custom component, the code is not able to access the file.

The location of the file is as follows: \\Shiva\Test\tempExcel.xlsx

The path string i use in Java code is: ////Shiva//Test//tempExcel.xlsx

Can someone help me with this issue. Do i have to change the pattern of the file path when i am trying to access the file from adobe livecycle custom component?

In case i need to provide permissions to livecycle for accessing the Excel sheet please suggest on how i should implement the same.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 2, 2012 12:40 AM   in reply to Shiva.Kosaraju

readResource content operation will fetch documents from Adobe Repository. Unless you checkin the required file into repository, the above error will remain.

From a shared folder, you should able to read the files using readDocument (using FileUtils) without any issues. Perhaps, the access rights prevent the execution.

If you are running JBoss as a windows service (turnkey will create a windows service for the JBoss instance), try the following:

Run -> services.msc -> Right click on JBoss service for Adobe LiveCycle -> Properties

Check the value given under logon tab. The User Account mentioned there should have appropriate access to the shared folder you are attempting read.

Nith

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 12, 2012 2:40 AM   in reply to Shiva.Kosaraju

The path just looks fine. Contact your administrator to make sure that the path is accessible from the server.

Nith

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points