Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

First problem with Lr4 - "NO PHOTOS IN SELECTED FOLDER"

Mar 6, 2012 4:15 PM

Just downloaded the trial veraion, installed it and converted the catalog from Lr3 to Lr4. problem is that I get "NO PHOTOS IN SELECTED FOLDER".

Of course I have photos in the folder and I also get the number of photos displayed in the folder and subfolders strip on left. Filters are off.

Uninstalled and re installed, same issue. What's wrong?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 6, 2012 5:09 PM   in reply to Firillu

I too was having this issue with my top level folders not showing the images in the grid but showing the number of images in the folders fine.  The LR4 catalog was updated from LR3 that had no problems.  I dumped the LR4 catalog and re-updated with the same issue.  I then created another LR4 catalog and "Imported from Catalog" and it seems to have resolved that issue.  So I begining to believe this is a catalog conversion issue with the LR4 routine.

Try creating a new LR4 catalog and import from the upgraded one to that and see if that fixes your problem.

Tony...

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2012 8:01 PM   in reply to Firillu

Try going to map, fiddling with the filters in map, shutting them off and returning.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 9, 2012 12:54 AM   in reply to Firillu

I have the same problem, and have discovered that folders that include more than 3000-4000 images, will get this error.

1. My 2003-folder (for the year 2003) contains more than 4434 files and generates the error. None of the subfolders do.
    2. My 2004-folder has 2117 images, and does not show the error, nore my 2005-folder with 1236 files.
    3. BUT - and here is an indicator: When I mark both the 2004 AND 2005 folder, the problem is present.

It seems like the catalog does not show contents of folders (or combination of folders) with more than approximately 3000 images.

What is your result with this test?

I have created a new catalog and imported it – and the problem was solved – but my publishing services was left behind, so I still hope for a solution that fix my old catalog.

|
    Mark as:
    Calculating status...
    Mar 10, 2012 9:03 AM   in reply to Haukland

I'm using the production version of Lightroom 4, and I see the same issue.  Looks like any folder with more than 3000-4000 images will get the "no photos in selected folder" message.

I've looked through the presets, just to see if there's a setting, I couldn't find one.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 10, 2012 9:43 AM   in reply to tudor@apmadoc.net

I checked my other mac and it works just fine with even more images.

The differences are:

The LR4 with this error:

Mac Book Pro, all images are imported as DNGs from Canon EOS D5 MK I.

The working LR4:

Mac Pro, all images are imported by Adding to the catalog.

Both systems have last update of LR4, full version, running on OSX Lion.

Do anyone see any similarities?

Hilsen Anders Haukland

(...sendt fra iPhone)

Den 10. mars 2012 kl. 18:03 skrev "tudor@apmadoc.net" <forums@adobe.com>:

Re: First problem with Lr4 - "NO PHOTOS IN SELECTED FOLDER"

created by tudor@apmadoc.net in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussion

I'm using the production version of Lightroom 4, and I see the same issue.  Looks like any folder with more than 3000-4000 images will get the "no photos in selected folder" message.

I've looked through the presets, just to see if there's a setting, I couldn't find one.

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Re: First problem with Lr4 - "NO PHOTOS IN SELECTED FOLDER"

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at Re: First problem with Lr4 - "NO PHOTOS IN SELECTED FOLDER". In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Photoshop Lightroom by email or at Adobe Forums

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 10, 2012 11:37 AM   in reply to Haukland

No one is going to try Lee Jay's suggestion??

Lee Jay -- is this a result of my post from a few days earlier, or are there others reporting this as a solution?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 10, 2012 12:11 PM   in reply to dj_paige

I tried and it does not work. No filters are active on the map, you cant even see your tagged photos because none are displaying unless you select a folder with pictures. Nothing shows up for all photographs

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 11, 2012 1:08 AM   in reply to dj_paige

Lee Jays suggestion had no effect on my system.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 11, 2012 11:24 AM   in reply to Firillu

I migrated a larger Lightroom 3 catalog (15k+ images) to Lightroom 4 and was experiencing this issue. I simply shut down and relaunched Lightroom and it was resolved. Weird...

Mac OS X 10.6.8, Intel i7

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 11, 2012 12:39 PM   in reply to Firillu

I'm running Windows 7, 64bit with all the latest patches.s

I've exited and re-entered Lightroom several times - no differerence.

I'll try re-booting and see if that helps.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 14, 2012 7:03 AM   in reply to Firillu

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 30, 2012 11:15 AM   in reply to Firillu

Upgraded to LR4.1 RC1 and then created a new catalog, imported from my original LR3 cat.  It updated that temporary cat and then imported to the new LR4 cat without issues or error messages.  I then just did an upgrade to my original LR3 cat and saved it in another location.  Upgrade went without hitch or error messages and I am now using that catalog.

Tony...

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 30, 2012 11:28 AM   in reply to Tony Fiorda

I upgraded to the new rc release

1. The no photo's issue is gone

2. The program is way more responsive

3. Before when I would do "publish" to flickr, my computer would bog down

terribly (I have a I7 processor with 12GB of RAM).    Now a publish

averages about 10% cpu utilization

4. The Develop module sliders are way more responsive