Skip navigation

adobe reader contained virus and was deleted

Mar 1, 2012 4:52 PM

Latest reply: Pat Willener, Mar 12, 2012 9:36 PM
Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 9, 2012 9:18 PM   in reply to ivosevci

When you downloaded the full installer (AdbeRdr1012_en_US.exe) and received the message ("...contained virus and was deleted"), was that installer file actually deleted?

If so, I suggest to make a backup copy of the installer before you try to install it again.

It would really help if you could post a screenshot of that message; we could possibly identify who/what is issuing that message.

Here are some instructions how to capture a screenshot on Windows: http://www.wikihow.com/Take-a-Screenshot-in-Microsoft-Windows

To post a saved screenshot here at the forum, use the camera icon above the forum editor.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 9, 2012 9:40 PM   in reply to ivosevci

Having done some research on that message ("...contained virus and was deleted"), I started to suspect that your system may be infected with malware.

Are the virus definitions of your Kaspersky a/v up-to-date?  Can you run a full scan of your system with Kaspersky?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 10, 2012 1:14 AM   in reply to ivosevci

its great to hear that the installation of the A/R has gone through....

regarding the opening of the word or pdf file,,,are you opening up the attachment directly or saving the file first on computer and then opening it.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 10, 2012 2:22 PM   in reply to ivosevci

I actually agree with Pat Willener.  It really sounds like your system has been compromised.  Either that or somehow you are being targetted by quite a bit of virus infected files...

Very good to hear that Adobe Reader was at least able to be installed.  Does Kapersky provide any services around verifying if your system is compromised or not?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 10, 2012 7:25 PM   in reply to ivosevci

You have two different problems now:

1. Message "...contained [a] virus and was deleted", which I don't think we can help you any further with.  Try a forum like http://forums.majorgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21 - ask if anyone knows where that message is coming from, and perhaps give them a link to this topic (http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969894).
    2. Adobe Reader does not work.  I suggest that you start a new topic in the Adobe Reader forum.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 11, 2012 10:59 AM   in reply to ivosevci

You should be able to start a discussuon from the Actions box on the right hand side of the Adobe Reader forum.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 12, 2012 1:39 AM   in reply to ivosevci

Looks like you have succeeded posting there.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 12, 2012 9:36 PM   in reply to ivosevci

Great; congratulations!

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)