• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which is the correct version to get?

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2012 Mar 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does this mean? I am new to this and want to make sure I download the right thing... Can I develop a shopping cart for a client and deploy it with this FREE edition?

" Adobe® ColdFusion® 9 Developer application server is free, fully functional software for local development of applications that will be deployed on either Standard or Enterprise ColdFusion servers."

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Mar 10, 2012 Mar 10, 2012

You can develop the app with the free edition, but you cannot deploy it with the free edition. Production systems of Adobe ColdFusion require a license (either standard or enterprise).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the developer edition in my machine for development only. I think it is for development purpose only.

" Adobe® ColdFusion® 9 Developer application server is free, fully functional software for local development of applications that will be deployed on either Standard or Enterprise ColdFusion servers."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CFMail certainly does work in the developer edition. Not sure why you could nto get it to work, but it does work. Did you try connecting it to a mail server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It does work in free edition? I will need to look at my problem again. I don't know. The page that contains cfmail tag was processed normally this morning. No errors, exceptions were showing. But I did not see the message being sent to the inbox of the to email address I used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can develop the app with the free edition, but you cannot deploy it with the free edition. Production systems of Adobe ColdFusion require a license (either standard or enterprise).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

" Production systems of Adobe ColdFusion require a license (either standard or enterprise)."

What does the above mean? Does it mean before I deploy them to production, I need to purchase a license?  I am still in development phase, so I don't know about this yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation