Skip navigation
Lenny_Leonard
Currently Being Moderated

How to link photo changes in Publish services to the photo in library

Mar 11, 2012 8:41 AM

Tags: #publishing #export #plugin

Hi, I'm trying to develop a plugin to publish photo online to a publish service and retrieve information from that service once the photos have been published.

Applying a comment to a published photo triggers something in lightroom publish service catalog. For example commenting a photo would trigger the Reject/Pick flag. So far, I will try to figure out how, but my question is: is it possible to link these changes of the photo attributes (like the pick/reject flag) located in the Publish Service catalog to the original photo in the library? I did a couple manual tests but it didn't seem to work...

Thanks, bye

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 14, 2012 1:27 PM   in reply to Lenny_Leonard

There's currently no way to set or change the pick/reject flag within the LR SDK. This might have changed with LR4, but the SDK hasn't been released yet.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 15, 2012 9:50 PM   in reply to Lenny_Leonard

ckhorne is right no way to do it through SDK as of now. BTW if you want to modify some other info of the original photo in the catalog, like let's say the label (which I didnt check but I believe you can modify through LrMetadata) that is possible. The thing to know is that when you retrieve the Published Photo from the Publish Service you are going to get a LrPublishedPhoto object. In order to modify the original photo in the catalog, you have to get the LrPhoto object through LrPublishedPhoto:getPhoto() method.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 15, 2012 10:10 PM   in reply to Runaway_Martian

I don't think there is an LrMetadata module?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 15, 2012 11:15 PM   in reply to John R. Ellis

Right John. My mistake, I meant the normal Lightroom metadata (which can be written through LrPhoto). Thank you for spotting that out.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points