Skip navigation
cinerama
Currently Being Moderated

LR4...external editing..."LightroomPatch.reg" question

Mar 10, 2012 5:21 AM

The "LightroomPatch.reg" solution mentioned above seems reasonable, but I get the following error when I attempt it on my Win 7/64 machine. (No PS software loaded...only LR3 and 4 and Nik/Topaz plugins).

"Cannot import 'C:\...LightroomPatch.reg; the specified file is not a registry script. You can only import binary registry files from within the registry editor." Should I just continue using LR3.6 when I need to access the plugins and wait for whatever solution Adobe will be offering? Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 10, 2012 6:51 AM   in reply to cinerama

See my answer here.

Beat

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 11, 2012 3:39 PM   in reply to b_gossweiler

Hallo Beat,

I do not have Nik plugins, but Portrait Professional 10 set up as additional external editor (http://www.portraitprofessional.com/support/?qid=58).

When I try to invoke an "Edit in" LR4 creates the desired copy, but fails to open the external editor or hand it over if I have opened it manually.

Could it be that I need a smilar reg-patch?

I have PS5 installed, and handover to it works (when I let LR4 translate the camera raw version).

Thanks for your thoughts,

Cornelia

P.S.: a completely different question: how do you manage on this forum to link to a specific response, rather than the beginning of a thread?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 11, 2012 4:26 PM   in reply to Cornelia-I

Hallo Cornelia,

Easy things first

P.S.: a completely different question: how do you manage on this forum to link to a specific response, rather than the beginning of a thread?

Each post contains a title in bold, which links to the very post itself, within the thread.

I do not have Nik plugins, but Portrait Professional 10 set up as additional external editor (http://www.portraitprofessional.com/support/?qid=58).

When I try to invoke an "Edit in" LR4 creates the desired copy, but fails to open the external editor or hand it over if I have opened it manually.

Could it be that I need a smilar reg-patch?

I have PS5 installed, and handover to it works (when I let LR4 translate the camera raw version).

I kind of doubt that your problem is the same as what people without CS5/PSE installed are experiencing.

Have you tried to set up something else as an external editor, i.e. MSPaint (C:\Windows\System32\mspaint.exe) and see if the image opens with it?

Beat

P.S: Do you know how to handle RegistryEdit in Windows? If so, you could check if the registry key mentioned ([HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Photoshop.exe]) is present on your system.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 12, 2012 1:20 PM   in reply to b_gossweiler

Hi Beat,

Yes, I know how to handle RegistryEdit as long as I have very clear instructions ("dressierter Affe" ).

This Registry key for Photoshop.exe is not present, so I might follow this http://forums.adobe.com/message/4258402#4258402 first.

Thanks,

Cornelia

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 12, 2012 3:53 PM   in reply to Cornelia-I

Cornelia,

In this case I would give the registry entry a try, I'm pretty sure it'll work then.

Beat

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 14, 2012 3:19 PM   in reply to b_gossweiler

Hi Beat,

it worked, thank you!

Still strange that a Photoshop.exe Registry entry is need to invoke a completely different editor...

Cornelia

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 14, 2012 3:31 PM   in reply to Cornelia-I

The problem seems to be that an error occurs while checking to find out what context menu items to build, regardless of what you later invoke.

Beat

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points