Skip navigation
joe bloe premiere 4,391 posts
Dec 6, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

L'Odyssée de Cartier

Mar 11, 2012 5:14 PM

I saw this full 3:30 piece run on US commercial TV today.

Amazing stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Cartier?v=yaBNjTtCxd4

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 12, 2012 12:01 PM   in reply to joe bloe premiere

wow.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 12, 2012 12:35 PM   in reply to Ann Bens

There are several ads for them running right now. Similar stalking cat with an elegant lady somewhere in the ad. I "listen" to a lot of TV, and I said to myself, "What is that music that lasts that long during a commercial break?" "Has the program come back on?" And, "What was I watching with music like that?" Then I look, and I say "What are they selling?" "With an ad this long and so little information about the brand, it's got  to be something I can't afford." Cartier. I was right.

Very nice work.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 13, 2012 5:00 AM   in reply to joe bloe premiere

The film was beautifully produced, but IMHO, completely pointless.

Explaining the symbolism Emmanuel Perrin, the president  of Cartier North America, said, “The Panther in the film is the ultimate emblem of Cartier's jewelry expertise and a symbol of strength and freedom. Regal and charming, she is aware of the world around her and follows her instinct with a sharp emerald eye, ready to pounce and enjoy life to the fullest."

What a load of pretentious panther droppings...

-Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 13, 2012 10:30 AM   in reply to joe bloe premiere

But If I had a nickel for every job I've worked that I thought was

pointless and self-serving, I'd be shopping at Cartier.

We can't all do PSAs for starving kittys.

Oh, don't get me wrong -- I'd never say that the production and post folks shouldn't have taken the job.  If I had the skill and opportunity I'd have jumped at the chance to work on that project.  The pretentious and self-serving target audience usually pays very well!

I know that precious gems and metals carry an intrinsic value beside their snob appeal, but the Cartier piece reminds me of a line from the remake of The Thomas Crown Affair starring Pierce Brosnan and Rene Russo.  Denis Leary's detective character is about to let Rene Russo go, even though she could lead him to Crown and the painting by Monet that Crown stole.  When she questions why, he replies that in the last week he busted 2 crooked real estate agents and guy who was beating his kids to death; so if some Houdini wants to steal a couple of swirls of paint that only matter to some very silly rich people, he doesn't really care. 

-Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 13, 2012 1:48 PM   in reply to Ann Bens

cool snake ... probably why Ann liked this ....

snake copy.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 13, 2012 3:43 PM   in reply to able123

I like my cousin better....

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)