Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

PSE 9 Organizer to LR 4 (keywords and star ratings)

Mar 11, 2012 3:55 AM

I have about 50k photos in Photoshop Elements 9 Organizer with keywords and star ratings.  Will LR 4 be able to import all of the keywords and star ratings attached to each photo?  Thank you.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 11, 2012 5:26 AM   in reply to bakubo

If your question said "Will LR4 be able to UPGRADE the PSE9 catalog, retaining all of the keyword and star ratings?" the answer is YES.

As written, "importing keywords and star ratings", the answer is probably NO. Do not import your photos from PSE9. Instead, upgrade the PSE9 catalog.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 11, 2012 4:52 PM   in reply to bakubo

Okay, it doesn't matter to me whether the proper word is import or upgrade in this case.  I just care that it can be done.  Thank you for the info!  Since it will just be an import of the Organizer catalog

Maybe you don't care about terminology, but some of us do. Import in Lightroom means something different than upgrade. And if we are going to communicate so that we both understand each other, the proper terminology is important.

If you import you are not doing it right. If you upgrade (which is different than import), you are doing it right.

Since it will just be an import of the Organizer catalog then all keywords and their hierarchy will be maintained for a bug free, problem free, smooth experience changing to LR 4.  I expect no less since these are both Adobe products.

It won't be an import, and I think you can read examples here in the forums where doing the UPGRADE results in something less than "problem free, smooth experience". Perhaps you are being sarcastic, but obviously we are not communicating well, so I don't know.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points